+ Reply to Thread
Page 279 of 465 FirstFirst ... 179 229 269 277 278 279 280 281 289 329 379 ... LastLast
Results 2,781 to 2,790 of 4644

Thread: Trx2?

I'm about halfway through my 5th bottle and have nothing positive to report at all. My hair has continued to fall out and thin quickly.

I was searching through these forums as those of us who are truly looking for answers do and saw a fellow that went to see a trichologist in the UK. I was impressed with what he wrote about his visit and contacted her via email. Based on scalp pictures I sent her and details of my loss, she believes that I may suffer from Seborrheic Dermatitis, which could trigger MPB. It actually seems like a more logical theory given my hair loss history and the ineffectiveness of treatments that I've tried (everything). I ordered a scalp pack and shampoo from her and she recommended that I change my diet as well. I mention this to give some of you guys not experiencing decent results with this product some hope for other possible causes for hair loss other than just straight genetic BS. Also, if my hair quality does improve, I absolutely will not believe it's due to TRX2 at all. I'll still be checking back in to see updates, good luck to you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by ThinFast View Post
    I'm about halfway through my 5th bottle and have nothing positive to report at all. My hair has continued to fall out and thin quickly.

I was searching through these forums as those of us who are truly looking for answers do and saw a fellow that went to see a trichologist in the UK. I was impressed with what he wrote about his visit and contacted her via email. Based on scalp pictures I sent her and details of my loss, she believes that I may suffer from Seborrheic Dermatitis, which could trigger MPB. It actually seems like a more logical theory given my hair loss history and the ineffectiveness of treatments that I've tried (everything). I ordered a scalp pack and shampoo from her and she recommended that I change my diet as well. I mention this to give some of you guys not experiencing decent results with this product some hope for other possible causes for hair loss other than just straight genetic BS. Also, if my hair quality does improve, I absolutely will not believe it's due to TRX2 at all. I'll still be checking back in to see updates, good luck to you guys.
    So if that is the case do you think something like nizoral or a scalp treatment could potentially give you some significant help? I've always wondered myself if I had some type of scalp issue because of dandruff I've had and if treated could seriously slow down the loss

Very close to 6 months myself too.

There is a change occurring in my hair. It feels thicker, looks thicker and has better form than ever. It also feels stronger and HEAVIER, something I've not felt for 5-6 years. It's the best point since I started treatment. Whilst I can't be certain of new growth -could be just the miniaturized hairs from before-, existing hair is definitely thicker in diameter.

Will post pictures in 9 days, when 6 months are up. Something's going on.
    Against, are you doing anything else to treat your hair loss, or are you on any other hair loss treatments, e.g. minoxidil or finasteride? If so, how can you be sure that any improvements are the result of TRX2.

I too have Sebhorreic Dermatitis. I know MPB is genetic, but I'm convinced that there must also be some link between hair loss and sebhorrea. What dietary changes did the trichologist recommend? I've heard conflicting information about things like fish oil, eggs, etc. being linked to hair loss, and I also read somewhere about speculation that a diet high in oily foods could promote excessive sebum production and result in hair loss. Some of the stuff I read actually recommended against taking fish oil tablets. This idea does have some appeal to me. I am probably the healthiest of all my siblings. I eat a lot of fish and other low fat, low cholesterol foods, I seldom drink, I work out regularly, and yet my hair loss is much more advanced than my siblings' all of whom are heavy drinking, significantly overweight, couch potatoes.

Flowers, I have been using Nizoral 2% and it seemed to be making my hair worse. Interestingly, the trichologist mentioned that Nizoral could exacerbate the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Thinning@30 View Post
    I too have Sebhorreic Dermatitis. I know MPB is genetic, but I'm convinced that there must also be some link between hair loss and sebhorrea. What dietary changes did the trichologist recommend? I've heard conflicting information about things like fish oil, eggs, etc. being linked to hair loss, and I also read somewhere about speculation that a diet high in oily foods could promote excessive sebum production and result in hair loss. Some of the stuff I read actually recommended against taking fish oil tablets. This idea does have some appeal to me. I am probably the healthiest of all my siblings. I eat a lot of fish and other low fat, low cholesterol foods, I seldom drink, I work out regularly, and yet my hair loss is much more advanced than my siblings' all of whom are heavy drinking, significantly overweight, couch potatoes.
    Hah, doesn't it suck when results go against "logic"? I also was on a very healthy diet (really a lifestyle choice more than a diet) that promoted healthy fats (monounsaturated fats, polyunsaturated fats, omega 3's) and the trichologist did say that this could be contributing to the excessive sebum production. I also have been taking fish oil pills for a few years and even more lately as I've had some knee pain. I also work out quite frequently and have just 1 day a week when I'll let myself drink. The trichologist basically said to limit all fat intake as well as dairy products. Here's what she said about the condition.

With Seb Derm you have an increase in sebaceous oil which the skin cells begin to stick to, this leads to an increase in bacteria and fatty acids. The fatty acids aggravate the scalp and there is often excessive hair loss.

So, I'm switching my diet to a higher protein one along with more fruits and veggies. Hopefully that helps. My hair does get VERY greasy and needs to be shampoo'ed everyday or it looks awful.

I'm actually cutting back on my Nizoral use to once per week, just have a gut feeling it's not helping matters for me.

My hair goes greasy if I don't wash it every other day as well, just going to use a mild shampoo and Niz once per week and see how that goes.

i dont know why but ive noticed excessive dandruff (possibly seb derm) whilst starting trx2.

Quote Originally Posted by gutted View Post
    i dont know why but ive noticed excessive dandruff (possibly seb derm) whilst starting trx2.
    Me too! But that makes no sense?

My hair is deffo greasing up quickly, whether its because it's thinning and it's more noticeable now I don't know.

Or is it this stuff? No idea but my hair is spiralling downwards and I'm seeing **** all to encourage me to re-order another three months worth.

this reminds me of a renokin thread on another web site

full of hope but not substance

this shit is obviously a fail unless some miraculous shit goes down in the next six months

until than I'll be inquiring about gho and pushing american doctors to do the same