+ Reply to Thread
Page 242 of 465 FirstFirst ... 142 192 232 240 241 242 243 244 252 292 342 ... LastLast
Results 2,411 to 2,420 of 4644

Thread: Trx2?

Inactive

i think one should move away from discussing whitfield and the legitimacy behind him. he is legitimate (fullstop). he has a phd and he does publish peer reviewed papers in highly respected journals in the field. obviously doing commercial research means that not all scientific findings/results can be published in peer reviewed papers but rather end up in patents (which usually are published only after years) or in the drawer (and kept as company secret forever) ... same often applies to the documentation of results...the fact that trx2 is natural and regulated as a supplement product allows the sales at this stage with no regulatory or safety objections whatsoever...i do not have an issue with this - this is the way thing are. Anyway one should be focusing on the product - myself I have looked into the science and having a medical background myself the companies approach on using carnitine to get to the ion channels sounds conclusive and promising. obviously one need to be realistic on what to expect. For me this is an excellent option to "supplement" my existing treatment regimen (minoxidil + 2% nizoral) internally and i'm quite happy with how things go so far. in my opinion this approach certainly has more fundamental science behind it than some the others "off-the-shelf" hair loss supplements you can find elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by thechamp View Post
    Well you are 40 all I'm saying is I would be back on propecia if u did not stop shedding
    Yes I'm oldish champ,but I've been very lucky - i probably have more hair still than many on this thread (not for much longer) which is why I figure I'm in the running for any results.

Back on Propecia?! I've never touched the stuff.

JCM, you are an intriguing case. Most men who are going to bald lose it all starting in their early 20's all the way up to the mid 30's. So your hairloss basically started in your late 30's, early forties? This sort of goes against many established beliefs about hairloss. Did you go through major stress or massive depression?

It just doesn't sound right to start losing well beyond the "dangerous" age!

Quote Originally Posted by AgainstThis View Post
    JCM, you are an intriguing case. Most men who are going to bald lose it all starting in their early 20's all the way up to the mid 30's. So your hairloss basically started in your late 30's, early forties? This sort of goes against many established beliefs about hairloss. Did you go through major stress or massive depression?

It just doesn't sound right to start losing well beyond the "dangerous" age!
    Haha no dude-I actually started losing hair around mid 20's.

Up until 30 almost had too much hair, barbers dreaded me coming in for a cut!

But the loss has been so gradual that only up until my late 30's did I realise I have a got a big problem heading my way.

It doesn't run in my family, my older brother is pushing fifty and has same hairline he had at twenty.

My ex cuts my hair, even she's convinced it's not mpb, but we both know it's thinning, confuses the hell out of me, but it's been a slow process and I'm thankful for that, and I figure if TRX2 would help anyone, I'd be a candidate, but it doesn't seem to be helping at all so far.

I even quit heavy smoking ten weeks ago to give my blood supply a helping hand, to no avail-may as well smoke a Hamlet cigar and say **** it.
    Last edited by Jcm800; 06-09-2011 at 03:10 AM. Reason: Typo-more info.

Been trying Minox twice a day as opposed to once-not good,feel like shit, tired and headachey-impending doom, where those cigar's?!

I used to get bad minox side effects when I first started it. BAD. I felt like i was going to faint all the time.

But I was desperate and just carried on. Sides went away. Never had them again. Lasted a few days only. Then I went on to apply it many times in single days with no sides.

IMO just hang in there. But once a day is 95%+ as good as once a day or more. I have heavily experimented trust me. Even once every 2 days has you covered for a very very long time. I've never shed and I've skipped a lot of days.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepTheHair View Post
    I used to get bad minox side effects when I first started it. BAD. I felt like i was going to faint all the time.

But I was desperate and just carried on. Sides went away. Never had them again. Lasted a few days only. Then I went on to apply it many times in single days with no sides.

IMO just hang in there. But once a day is 95%+ as good as once a day or more. I have heavily experimented trust me. Even once every 2 days has you covered for a very very long time. I've never shed and I've skipped a lot of days.
    Ok Keep thanks, I'll persevere, might just keep using it once daily-that sprouted a couple of baby hairs pretty quickly anyway-so hopefully once will suffice.

hey Champ, I sent you a visitors message in your public profile. Could you please read and let me know your thoughts?

Is there a way to PM here?

Quote Originally Posted by sizzlinghairs View Post
    hey Champ, I sent you a visitors message in your public profile. Could you please read and let me know your thoughts?

Is there a way to PM here?
    I think his hotmail is shown on his TRX2 emails?

As promised, here we go: Day 140

http://imageshack.us/g/703/dsc02369qf.jpg/

Hair is always greasy as in the first pictures. These days it gets much LESS greasy over time and my scalp condition has improved but I attribute this to the Nizoral 2 % on which I have been for a little over a year now.

The "forward combed" do is how I usually wear my hair to hide the recession. People who know me of course can tell that I'm thinning but it doesn't immediately scream "Pathetic hollow shell of a man" as the swept-back do does.

Take note of the small hairs that have grown to full size and augment the current thickness of the hairline. By comparison, it seems I had more fuzz in the temple area back when I started but now I have more real hair there -and less fuzz- which gives an overall impression of thickness to my hair that simply wasn't there before.

Now I ain't saying that I've grown new hair, just that the existing looks thicker. Hell, maybe I've even lost some.

I don't know. I'm tired of staring at my scalp. Weigh in and drink up