+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 465 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 73 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trx2?

Thats good, least they're delivering the good's! Guess they don't want me on their doorstep - i can live with that. Think i'll give the diet an overhaul myself, thanks for the tip

Just sent this email to Mr. Whitfield:

Tom,

I am a 21 year old who has experienced accelerated hair loss for the last few years. I've been on Propecia and Rogaine for over a year with seemingly little or no results ( I understand that if I took neither my situation would be much worse).

My question is this: what additional information can you supply, without violating your "stealh mode" modus operendi, that will convince me to make such a large investment. Simply listing "the cessation of hair loss," "the regrowth of hair follicles," and "visibly stronger & thicker hair shafts," is asking for a lot of faith on the part of your prospective clients given the history of fraud in the hairloss industry. Furthermore, your claims sound too good to be true. How is TRX2 that different from a vitamin? Couldn't I simply take a combination of the active ingredients you've listed, such as BCAA, to achieve the same result? What is different about the way the BCAA and other supplements are absorbed in YOUR compound versus the BCAA I can buy over the counter? Quite frankly, I'm concerned that you've done some prudent research and put together a compound that should, in theory, combat hair loss. How can you know if theory translates into actuality unless you've conducted clinical trials? Compounding this worry is your need for funding. You've said yourself that you've more or less spurned traditional VC funding. I honestly and wholeheartedly believe that you've stumbled upon a breakthrough in hair loss treatment, that you're well qualified in your field, and that you're working diligently to synthesize a medicine based upon your research. I'm just not convinced that TRX2 is it, and I'm concerned that you're rushing out a theoretical vitamin to supplement funding for further research. Nobel as your intentions are, I'm just not capable of bearing the financial burden of the TRX2 treatment unless it will make a significant impact.

Secondly, how long does one need to take TRX2 before its effects are noticed? I vaguely remember reading this information somewhere, but cannot remember where, and cannot find any mention of it on your website.

Finally, despite my skepticism, you and your company seem different from the average snakeskin oil salesman. The hair loss community is putting a lot of faith and hope in you and your claims. Hair loss at such a young age has been devastating for me as I'm sure its been for everyone else of all ages; don't capitalize on our misfortune with misleading claims and shady business practices. I don't believe in God, but I do believe in Karma, and Karma is a bitch.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Zoidberg View Post
    Seems obvious, but it's definitely improved the condition of my hair before starting TRX2!
    Wow - cool! Look guys, look! You just have to buy TRX2 and just that act will improve your hair condidition immediately!! Cool! You now guess what happens if you start to take TRX2: This will - and without any doubts - double or even triple the improvement.

Gryffindor - great email, I sent a similar one last night asking him how Trx2 will possibly work if it doesn't tackle DHT as well as Potassium channels?
    Frankly I don't expect a reply.

This company is on to a winner, the orders are flying in from around the globe. And with at least three months before any significant gains may kick in, the orders will keep flying in, until time passes and we report negative results and word gets around.
    Thats the worst scenario I suppose, it's the tags that this guy is an 'entrepreneur' that bug me as well but then again if he comes up trumps he can reap the benefits and that's fine by all of us I'm sure

DHT alone does not kill hair follicles. All men produce DHT, about half never go bald. The reason we do is because our follicles are more susceptible to it.

We don't actually know much about the long term effects of DHT suppression. Finasteride has only been widely used by young men with hair loss for about 12 years. We certainly don't understand enough to know whether we need DHT.

Reducing DHT to fight baldness is a similar approach to the fighting cancer by cutting it out. It's unrefined and messy with mixed results. The treatments of the future need to work on the faulty stem cells themselves rather than a hormone they are susceptible to.

I believe that if such a cure could be found, the suppression of DHT would be unnecessary.

I would prefer they just stated it improved existing hair and possible re growth.
    To say it works on the temple area, which is a tough area to crack is such a big claim, sigh, we live in hope.

As I've said before, I'm cautiously optimistic despite the bottles only stating that the product 'may' aid hair growth.

EU and UK law are quite good when it comes to people making claims about their products, even if they try to use words like 'may' to cover themselves. The UK, where one of Whitfield's companies is registered, has some of the strictest advertising rules in the world.

One thing I'm fairly certain you can't do here (although I am by no means an expert) is make claims about your product that aren't in any way true. For example, if you say 'may promote hair regrowth' then you have to make damn sure you can prove that sometimes it does, because otherwise it is false advertising.

It is my understanding that the wording was probably chosen because in those with more advanced hair loss, it is not known to be very effective. If the bottle just said "will promote hair growth" then in the UK, a 70 year old Norwood VII man (for example) could successfully sue them and have their advertising taken down (quite an expense to re-label all those bottles too, I'm sure you can appreciate).

Valid points 'Fixed', hoping they will become active and respond to our concerns tho, instead of dishing out the orders and remaining tight lipped.
    Sone valid Q and A's would be appreciated from them.

Valid points 'Fixed', hoping they will become active and respond to our concerns tho, instead of dishing out the orders and remaining tight lipped.
    Sone valid Q and A's would be appreciated from them.