+ Reply to Thread
Page 195 of 465 FirstFirst ... 95 145 185 193 194 195 196 197 205 245 295 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,950 of 4644

Thread: Trx2?

I have to say, I'm surprised by all the attention TRX2 has gotten on this forum. Whitfield has already been dismissed as a quack on all the other hair loss websites that I visit. That said, I'm glad some people are trialing this product since it is the only way we'll know if it really works or not, as there are no clinical studies and Oxford Biolabs has not published before and after pictures or otherwise engaged the hair loss community in any meaningful way. I find the testimonials on the website underwhelming, as I do the few anecdotal reports that we have so far.

Personally, I'm more optimistic about the other "cutting edge" treatments, the ones under developement by Bioregenerative Sciences, Capixyl, and Latisse (Allergan). I have no idea whether any of these will work or not, but they do seem to at least have some solid science behind them, and I don't understand why there isn't more curiousity and discussion of them.

well the second day of trx and no side effects yet i have noticed a slight tingle on some parts of the scalp,early days so keep on taking.

Quote Originally Posted by Thinning@30 View Post
    I have to say, I'm surprised by all the attention TRX2 has gotten on this forum. Whitfield has already been dismissed as a quack on all the other hair loss websites that I visit. That said, I'm glad some people are trialing this product since it is the only way we'll know if it really works or not, as there are no clinical studies and Oxford Biolabs has not published before and after pictures or otherwise engaged the hair loss community in any meaningful way. I find the testimonials on the website underwhelming, as I do the few anecdotal reports that we have so far.

Personally, I'm more optimistic about the other "cutting edge" treatments, the ones under developement by Bioregenerative Sciences, Capixyl, and Latisse (Allergan). I have no idea whether any of these will work or not, but they do seem to at least have some solid science behind them, and I don't understand why there isn't more curiousity and discussion of them.
    I'm not sticking up for him but I think Whitfield being dismissed as a quack is probably the same skepticism that makes people say any new potential treatment is a scam (rightfully so). Trx2 said that Q3 2011 is when they'll publish their pictures and results. So I guess until then I'll give them the benefit of the doubt

PS I'm also pretty excited for capixyl and latisse
    Last edited by Flowers; 05-06-2011 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Added more

I think the reason I'm still optimistic is the way they've worded the presentation on their site. Anyone that can put such outrageous statements on their site is either very very confident in their product, or is just a low life scammer profiteering from our of misery and wording their snake oil for maximum effect and impact.

They've put some effort into the site all round, and their delivery service is A1 imo.

So even tho I'm not improving as yet, I am giving them the benefit of the doubt and remain open minded, doubt will creep in if after four months **** all is growing or showing absolute definitive signs of it starting to occur.

Tick tock, time is passing Dr Whitfield, hope you live up to your bold ass claims.
    Last edited by Jcm800; 05-06-2011 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Typos

The thing that makes me the most skeptical is him being in entrepeneur mode. He probably saw an oppurtunity through some results on rats, thought, "hey I could really capatilise on this and make it sound official."

It is not hard to make something sound credible when you are a scientist. It is not hard to come up with an official looking website. Most hairloss product websites also make bold claims. Their refund policy is very sketchy.

All that being said, hairloss makes people desperate, and if anything sounds remotely legit we will try and jump on it in minor hope of results occuring.

Hence my decision to buy in.

Time will tell.

I agree generally but I do see the logic of their return policy, afterall would you expect a refund on a half opened loaf of bread?

Seems fine to me that they only refund unused bottles.

But the fact hes described as an entrepreneur freaks me out everytime, making money is every entrepreneurs aim afterall and hairloss could be his way of making a fast buck?

yeh but would a bio lab in oxford and germany not see through a scam and not produce it,there was a hype at regrowth with a&g serum which i tried and it was expensive and did not live up to the hype.
    I myself am always sceptical like most with the hair loss topic but there is some strange feeling at the time i send this tingle now at the left temple,it feels as if something is going on,i just hpoe i see something sooner than later to give me some hope.

Quote Originally Posted by doke View Post
    yeh but would a bio lab in oxford and germany not see through a scam and not produce it,there was a hype at regrowth with a&g serum which i tried and it was expensive and did not live up to the hype.
    I myself am always sceptical like most with the hair loss topic but there is some strange feeling at the time i send this tingle now at the left temple,it feels as if something is going on,i just hpoe i see something sooner than later to give me some hope.
    Itchy hair is indicative of hairloss I've read, hairs departing the scalp.

It's either that or a Niacin flush sensation, heck I'm no expert but just my opinion. Look up the tingle on here, folks generally say it's hairs falling out.

Odds are, in the world of hairloss con artists that we are indeed being ripped off.

Only times going to confirm it, until then I'm open minded

Man, has anyone even experienced even a light headache taking this stuff?

Im trying one pill at a time and Im definitely getting a headache, slightly dizzy.

I tried taking niacin alone to see, and I got a flush, but it was different than this...