+ Reply to Thread
Page 146 of 465 FirstFirst ... 46 96 136 144 145 146 147 148 156 196 246 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 4644

Thread: Trx2?

Bastards. They're done a re-order (I still have nearly two months of the stuff left) without my consent and sent it to my old address, which quite literally couldn't be further away from where I live now, given that I now live on the other side of the world in the other hemisphere.

Presumably they'll give me my money back, but I think this is the problem with TRX2. The stuff works but their company's infrastructure is rubbish. Whitfield likes to think of himself as an entrepreneur but really he's an academic and should leave the running of the business to someone competent in that field. Instead, I can't help thinking it's being run by some mate or other from university!

Actually, this is another reason that I don't think it's a scam. It's too product focused; scams are normally very business focused (when you order a product that has a name like Thymucrap, Revivosodall or Procer-not it normally arrives quickly and customer service is excellent, but the product is crap; this seems to be the other way around).

Fixed, that sucks. I have to log into my account on there and see if I have an auto refill setup as well. I don't recall reading that anywhere when I was ordering my original 3 month supply. I'm currently at about 1.25-1.5 months of pills left from my original order and I do not have an additional shipment due in to my knowledge or doing.

You make a very good point regarding TRX2 being product focused vs. the typical scam being customer service focused. Every other method I've heard or personally had experience with that I would consider "scam-like" has always had a very strong customer service approach to the business. The best example being the laser hair clinic I used to visit. So very friendly to talk to and accomodating to my schedule, but never saw any sign of results.

Hope things get straightened out for you.

Hey you know how you can go to a dermatologist to see if you're hair is miniaturizing? Do you think after a few months on this stuff a doctor could examine your scalp and see if new hairs are growing in/loss is stopping? I mean that could be a good way to tell if its working

Flowers, are you talking about miniaturization mapping? I personally don't know of a derm. capable of that. I went to see Dr. Bauman 2 years ago, I'm guessing he has the ability to do such a thing, but don't believe that was what was performed on me. He basically has a Proscope and software on his computer capable of measuring the diameter of a strand of hair. He takes a few pictures on different areas on your head and you get a comparison of what is happening and where. Again, I'm not certain if this is what you're talking about. From personal experience and from what I've read on here, most hair loss experts also have a difficult time figuring out whether certain hairs are miniaturizing or are coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by ThinFast View Post
    Flowers, are you talking about miniaturization mapping? I personally don't know of a derm. capable of that. I went to see Dr. Bauman 2 years ago, I'm guessing he has the ability to do such a thing, but don't believe that was what was performed on me. He basically has a Proscope and software on his computer capable of measuring the diameter of a strand of hair. He takes a few pictures on different areas on your head and you get a comparison of what is happening and where. Again, I'm not certain if this is what you're talking about. From personal experience and from what I've read on here, most hair loss experts also have a difficult time figuring out whether certain hairs are miniaturizing or are coming back.
    Oh. I thought they could basically just get a special magnifying glass or something and tell if hairs in certain areas of the head are further apart from each other than other areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Flowers View Post
    Oh. I thought they could basically just get a special magnifying glass or something and tell if hairs in certain areas of the head are further apart from each other than other areas.
    Most have "microscope" cameras (mine's called a Proscope) that can take pictures of different zoom levels depending on the lense you have. It's really difficult to get an idea of how dense a region of the scalp is with the amount of hair on it. That really only tells one part of the story. The main thing is individual hair thickness and also how many hairs are there coming out of each follicular unit. You can have really thick hair, but if only one strand is coming out of each follicular unit, your hair will still appear thinned out. I've seen as many as 4-5 hairs coming out of a single follicular unit on my head. In the areas I'm thinning, it's down to 1 or 2. And if there is 2, one of the strands looks healthy while the other appears thin and colorless. I use to take pictures with my proscope bi-monthly, but it just became an unhealthy obsession, especially since I could not find a way to stop or slow my loss.

Most have "microscope" cameras (mine's called a Proscope) that can take pictures of different zoom levels depending on the lense you have. It's really difficult to get an idea of how dense a region of the scalp is with the amount of hair on it. That really only tells one part of the story. The main thing is individual hair thickness and also how many hairs are there coming out of each follicular unit. You can have really thick hair, but if only one strand is coming out of each follicular unit, your hair will still appear thinned out. I've seen as many as 4-5 hairs coming out of a single follicular unit on my head. In the areas I'm thinning, it's down to 1 or 2. And if there is 2, one of the strands looks healthy while the other appears thin and colorless. I use to take pictures with my proscope bi-monthly, but it just became an unhealthy obsession, especially since I could not find a way to stop or slow my loss.
    True. Well yeah hopefully this helps. And I'm interested in what that capixyl stuff is. Apparently they did clinical studies and got better results than minox. Fingers crossed...

A few things.

First of all, the only way a re-order was filed through TRX2 would be if you signed up for the Hair Growth Club Membership (like I did). Shipments are made every 75 days, with a start date defined as the day the payment was set up. I actually had the same problem, because I ended up paying 10 days later than the first payment was set up, but it still counted as the program's start date.

So I received a second shipment ahead of time but it's okay, since I'm going to be taking it anyway, you know?

The thing I'm curious about is whether or not the fifth shipment (the free-benefit one) will count as a 0.00 value transaction. Because if they still charge you, but send you an EXTRA three bottles, they are basically telling you to give it to your friend and there's no real benefit in being in their Quarterly Convenience Program. I am keeping my eye on this.

Also, Capixyl was presented at the Milan Cosmetics Expo and it's being marketed to various cosmetic companies -no one has officially picked it up yet- as part of a shampoo. It will NOT be a lotion/minoxidil style solution but rather, according to the hype, a super-turbo hair growing shampoo complex. Wait and see on that one.

Also, REALLY good things on TRX2. Hair density is increasing everywhere, front of my hairline no longer shows and the temples seem to be filling in and closing to pre-loss levels. Hair feels and styles much better as well.

Pictures coming on the 17th.

Fixed, that sucks. I have to log into my account on there and see if I have an auto refill setup as well. I don't recall reading that anywhere when I was ordering my original 3 month supply. I'm currently at about 1.25-1.5 months of pills left from my original order and I do not have an additional shipment due in to my knowledge or doing.

You make a very good point regarding TRX2 being product focused vs. the typical scam being customer service focused. Every other method I've heard or personally had experience with that I would consider "scam-like" has always had a very strong customer service approach to the business. The best example being the laser hair clinic I used to visit. So very friendly to talk to and accomodating to my schedule, but never saw any sign of results.

Hope things get straightened out for you.
    Thinfast, I'm glad to hear you are getting some positives out of trx2 and I might consider trying it also. I know you tried it all, so I wanted to ask if you ever thought of trying this new prp/ECM/acell injections? I know you tried prp but there has been much talk about acel with prp. I know this is off the subject but just thought I take advantage since your are active on this thread.

Of the treatments you mentioned, only PRP is commercially available by very few practicioners at an extremely high cost.

ACell is experimental, volunteer only and again, costs money.

It's highly unlikely he's tried those.