+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 465 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 ... LastLast

Thread: Trx2?

My card was charged twice! There is no contact number either to cancel one of these orders... I had to send them an email.. anybody have their customer support number???

Did you refresh during the transaction? That normally results in being double charged on a card.

They're quite responsive by e-mail, I wouldn't worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepTheHair View Post
    wow your really thick.........................

wow
    I dont like ignorant fools that try to make me look stupid. I apologize if I went over the top.

I was just referring to the fact that minoxidil.com (the website, not minoxidil itself) does not give any pictures of any of its products, but they all work really well.

I don't think pictures really say much online. What we need is the clinical trial info.

Sorry also for my rude response before man.

I don't see the point in reputable companies (e.g. Merck, Rogaine) posting before and after photos. They make some sense with hair transplant surgeons (you need to judge their workmanship) but overall they're so easy to fake that they can be rendered worthless.

If I was going to set up a scam, I could just photo my head, then apply toppik or wear a wig, and then claim it as an after photo. Totally unrealiable.

Yeah I could easily fake it too. Photoshop is pretty easy to use as well.

The thing with photos also...just the angle, the lighting...even if they don't mean to fake anything or whatever it can still screw up judgement pretty bad.

in 10 days!!!

I think it is fair to say that extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. TRX2 says it will not only stop hair loss, but reverse it, resulting in significant hair regrowth even in the front and temple regions, something even Propecia and Rogaine don't claim. They've even hinted that they will make baldness a thing of the past, and they claim you can eveb use their product safely on your pets!

I really hope they're on to something, but the whole thing strains credibility: A young biochemist with no previous experience in hair loss research stumbles upon a baldness cure that has no side effects and can be sold over the counter. All this at a time when the existing companies with their research teams, and millions of dollars in investment, have yet to come up with anything.

I still think they should publish photos. Yes, photos can be doctored, but assuming they're honest, they can still make every effort to take the photos under controlled conditions. This is what pharmaceutical and cosmetic companies do for their internal studies. Why can't they take up-close pictures of sections of the scalp to show reversal of miniaturization and increases in the number of terminal hairs? Histogen and Aderans have released such pictures with respect to their products that are in development. What about hair counts? For what TRX2 is claiming, they really should have more evidence than just four subjective patient testimonials. Testimonials are even easier to fake than pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Thinning@30 View Post
    I think it is fair to say that extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. TRX2 says it will not only stop hair loss, but reverse it, resulting in significant hair regrowth even in the front and temple regions, something even Propecia and Rogaine don't claim. They've even hinted that they will make baldness a thing of the past, and they claim you can eveb use their product safely on your pets!

I really hope they're on to something, but the whole thing strains credibility: A young biochemist with no previous experience in hair loss research stumbles upon a baldness cure that has no side effects and can be sold over the counter. All this at a time when the existing companies with their research teams, and millions of dollars in investment, have yet to come up with anything.

I still think they should publish photos. Yes, photos can be doctored, but assuming they're honest, they can still make every effort to take the photos under controlled conditions. This is what pharmaceutical and cosmetic companies do for their internal studies. Why can't they take up-close pictures of sections of the scalp to show reversal of miniaturization and increases in the number of terminal hairs? Histogen and Aderans have released such pictures with respect to their products that are in development. What about hair counts? For what TRX2 is claiming, they really should have more evidence than just four subjective patient testimonials. Testimonials are even easier to fake than pictures.
    If this treatment doesn't work...then this guy will really lose his career and future opportunities I think...

Oh yeah, another thing...propecia does help in the temple regions, only in their studies they just incorporated the crown area.

If this treatment doesn't work...then this guy will really lose his career and future opportunities I think...
    Are the consequences of peddling dubious hair loss treatments really all that dire? The quacks can make a lot of money in the short run, until consumers eventually catch on, or they're forced by the various regulatory agencies to qualify their claims. Even if they get successfully sued in a class action, they may still profit. Have any of the people behind any of the well-known hair loss scams had their careers ruined because they were connected with a quack treatment? Besides, people have short memories when it comes to these sorts of things.

As for Whitfield himself, he's not an MD, and its not like his whole career so far has been devoted to finding a baldness cure. If Trx2 turns out to be less than what was promised, I could easily see him going on the something else completely unrelated to hair loss research.

People have also mentioned Whitfield's connection with Oxford University, but from what I can tell, the university is not backing the product in any way.