+ Reply to Thread

Thread: help

Default help

I am over a year and 2 months

the results haven't been very good

Among the many things that went wrong was the scar and donor area is very tight. I was told by my doc that is should be gone by 4 months and at the very latest 6 months.

It hasn't gone away (tightness) I feel it everyday. My scalp feels very tight.

What is causing this and what can / should I do?

Another thing I want to know, does a HT cause wrinkles on the forehead to become more defined? I have a noticed huge lines that were never apparent before, I notice in most pictures the same thing on others that have had surgery.

Hi Mr4000, sorry to hear of your unfortunate situ, i have seen you post previously regarding your situ. I wish i could give you better insight however i am not a doc but generally scars can take a while to truly settle and nerve endings to all reconnect so to speak. I presume by your name you had a 4000 graft session; if so thats a large session so a large amount of scalp will have been removed, therefore this could take a while to truly settle back down.

Re the wrinkles - this is not a common complaint. Possibly its come about from frowning whilst scrutinising the hairline over and over and over again. I know this increased my frown lines... theres always botox!

If u feel i can help in anyway please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards
    spex
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

An additional idea regarding the wrinkles: did you start using Rogaine post-op? I have heard that Rogaine can cause forehead wrinkles.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Quote Originally Posted by Spex View Post
    Hi Mr4000, sorry to hear of your unfortunate situ, i have seen you post previously regarding your situ. I wish i could give you better insight however i am not a doc but generally scars can take a while to truly settle and nerve endings to all reconnect so to speak. I presume by your name you had a 4000 graft session; if so thats a large session so a large amount of scalp will have been removed, therefore this could take a while to truly settle back down.

Re the wrinkles - this is not a common complaint. Possibly its come about from frowning whilst scrutinising the hairline over and over and over again. I know this increased my frown lines... theres always botox!

If u feel i can help in anyway please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards
    spex
    Hey Spex

Thanks for the reply, could you give me contact info, I wouldn't mind talking or typing

THanks

Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

mr.4000, have you tried using any topical oils? Not they gimmicky "grow more hair oils" but organic tee tree oil, Castor, Vitamin-E ..etc oils, for general scalp health. They could possibly moisture and relax the scalp and it should be safe on the grafts and the scar.
    Cheers.

Never heard of a hair transplant causing wrinkles. To get rid of the tightness maybe you could try scalp exercises to help loosen things up. It's worth a shot.
    www.HassonandWong.com

All opinions are my own and may not necessarily be shared by Dr. Wong and/or Dr. Hasson.

If you are interested in having an online consultation visit www.hassonandwong.ca

To view my story and history visit my website at www.hairtransplantmentor.com

Quote Originally Posted by HonestApe View Post
    mr.4000, have you tried using any topical oils? Not they gimmicky "grow more hair oils" but organic tee tree oil, Castor, Vitamin-E ..etc oils, for general scalp health. They could possibly moisture and relax the scalp and it should be safe on the grafts and the scar.
    Cheers.
    I have tried many things, I do have some tea tree oil, I will give it a shot.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jotronic View Post
    Never heard of a hair transplant causing wrinkles. To get rid of the tightness maybe you could try scalp exercises to help loosen things up. It's worth a shot.
    I have seen your vid on those and did them going into surgery. I can't pinch an ounce of scalp, only in the morning. Once I get going and water weight during the day kicks in, I feel like shit.

When are you guys going to start FUE, I need a fix, and probably won't be able to do strip. I was almost book with you but you had no openings and went somewhere else. Biggest mistake I made in a long time.

Who do you recommend otherwise, I was going to book with Wong

Thanks

Mr. 4000,

Drop me a line at joe@hassonandwong.com.
    www.HassonandWong.com

All opinions are my own and may not necessarily be shared by Dr. Wong and/or Dr. Hasson.

If you are interested in having an online consultation visit www.hassonandwong.ca

To view my story and history visit my website at www.hairtransplantmentor.com