Positive experience with Dr Feller (3500 grafts)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TwoTone
    • Oct 2010

Here are a few photos taken about a week ago, after I had let it grow a bit. This is roughly 5 months after the operation. It doesnt look particularly good but hopefully it will start looking better over the next 3 months, although if I'm totally honest I'm feeling rather doubtful about it. To get the full head of normal looking hair I would like, I think I will need another operation.....or two. Hmmm
    Attached Files

Comment

• DAVE52
      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by TwoTone
      It doesnt look particularly good but hopefully it will start looking better over the next 3 months, although if I'm totally honest I'm feeling rather doubtful about it. To get the full head of normal looking hair I would like, I think I will need another operation.....or two. Hmmm
      Interesting
      I understand sometimes we don't feel good with how we look but from the Jan 24 pics you posted IMO you look good with the really short Haircut
      Maybe it's unfortunate you could not have got used to the reaally short hair and accepted / embraced it as it appears from the above statement your expectations may have been too high and you may now think you will another HT .....or 2

Comment

• Winston
        • Mar 2009

I think you’ll be surprised at how much will start growing within the next few months. From what I see on the forum, some people are disappointed even up to 6th or 7th months and then all of a sudden they get a big growth spurt and in the end are very happy. Give it some time.

Comment

• TwoTone
          • Oct 2010

Originally posted by DAVE52
          Interesting
          I understand sometimes we don't feel good with how we look but from the Jan 24 pics you posted IMO you look good with the really short Haircut
          Maybe it's unfortunate you could not have got used to the reaally short hair and accepted / embraced it as it appears from the above statement your expectations may have been too high and you may now think you will another HT .....or 2
          I think having to shave my hair extremely short for the past 15 years due to being so bald on top has given me plenty of time to get used to that. Thank you for the compliment though. However what I have never truly accepted is the lack of "choice".....and of course the great big bald patch on my head

I didnt go for a hair transplant so I can continue to think "Oh well I had better shave my hair super short as it will look bad if I grow it". I went for a hair transplant so that I can have that "choice" back again......the choice to have one of those mythical things many people refer to as a "hairstyle". Also the scar on the back of my head is a detractor from shaving my head now.

My expectations really go no higher than "I want a full head of hair that looks good". I will of course try and hold off on judging it too much until the transition is complete.

Comment

• TwoTone
            • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Winston
            I think you’ll be surprised at how much will start growing within the next few months. From what I see on the forum, some people are disappointed even up to 6th or 7th months and then all of a sudden they get a big growth spurt and in the end are very happy. Give it some time.
            Indeed. I have thought about this. I will keep my fingers crossed and hope that this does indeed happen. Thank you for the comment

Comment

• Winston
              • Mar 2009

I don't think it’s really possible to regain a full head of hair from a hair transplant. I have seen some great photos on this site, but I think there always has to be some give and take. Did Dr. Feller say that he could give you back a full head of hair?

Comment

• TwoTone
                • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Winston
                I don't think it’s really possible to regain a full head of hair from a hair transplant. I have seen some great photos on this site, but I think there always has to be some give and take. Did Dr. Feller say that he could give you back a full head of hair?
                You're right it probably isnt possible to get a full head of hair from a single hair transplant, especially when there is a large amount of baldness......and no Dr Feller didnt promise that either. I'm not sure why I was even remotely expecting it to be honest.

However despite my earlier lapse in confidence, I am actually happier with having more hair than I did before. Once the current crop has fully grown, I will decide where to go from there.

Comment

Working...