+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Inactive

Step aside, Iron_Scrap. My question was for Westonci.

Arrow

We are once again going to ask that you stay on topic . This thread is for those who want to learn about Dr. Cooley's research, and these type of posts make it difficult for Dr. Cooley and others to participate. Please refrain from making inflammatory and off topic posts.

Thank you.

Spencer Kobren Interviews Dr. Gary Hitzig – The Pioneer In Using ACell MatriStem For Hair Restoration

http://www.iahrs.org/news/spencer-ko...-hitzig-acell/

Inactive

Before I listen to Hitzig's interview, one important question:

Anybody knows what kind of plucking is this? How does it compare to waxing?

I discussed with Ahab, at HS, that waxing damages the follicles. After repetitive waxing, follicles get thinner, and eventually could die.

http://www.*************/hair-loss/fo...-id-69227.html

This applies to body hair waxing . But scalp hair is weaker than body hair, so I expect it to suffer even more from waxing.

Also, I assume that autocloning-plucking is even more "damaging" than waxing.

Resume of the hypothesis: Plucking scalp hair repeatedly could kill the donor follicle after just a few pluckings.
    The question is how many pluckings can be done on the donor follicle, without compromising its normal long-term functioning.

Thus, it would be necessary to monitor closely the donor area, to see how well it regenerates after the first, second, etc harvestings. For example, totally harvesting a 1cm x 1cm donor area and marking that region using a tatoo. This has been sugested by topcat at Hairsite, (and also in previous occasions by other forum members).

Inactive

Oh, I am watching Cooley's slides again (part 4, the eyebrow repair case), and Cooley says there is a bit of bleeding when the donor is plucked. so it seems that it is indeed more aggressive than waxing, and, as I expected, this could damage the donor follicle significantly.

To avoid damage to the donor follicle, why not placing a little bit of Acell after plucking, in the donor site?

there are a lot of things to be tried, eh?

You would have to wax every week for many years to begin destorying hair follicles.

The procedure that Dr. Cooley is using only plucks the hair a handful of times and so shouldnt effect the growth of the hair follicles.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Westonci View Post
    You would have to wax every week for many years to begin destorying hair follicles.

The procedure that Dr. Cooley is using only plucks the hair a handful of times and so shouldnt effect the growth of the hair follicles.
    Yes, but this is not waxing. It seems to me that this is harder.
    Westonci, you posted photos of plucked hairs. How did you do it? Did the donor bleed?

Quote Originally Posted by Spanish Dude View Post
    Yes, but this is not waxing. It seems to me that this is harder.
    Westonci, you posted photos of plucked hairs. How did you do it? Did the donor bleed?

Ive been plucking by eyebrow and nose hairs every week since highschool age (15), im 22 now and i can say that the hairs are just as thick as i remember them.

As for the pictures i posted, I used a tweezer and simply plucked hairs from the side of my scalp. I then used a digital camera with macro zoom to take the picture. And no, the hairs follicles did not bleed as far as i remember.

If your concern is that plucking will reduce or damage donor hairs, Im 99% sure it wont have any major effects on the hairs

Inactive

I have just plucked one from the side of my head using pliers. Nothing at the root, just the shaft is white at the end, and ends in a small hook. But no substances.
    Second attempt, the hair broke at the plier.
    Third attempt with tweezers, grabbing the hair close to the skin. Now there is a distinct black bulb but no cells attached (well, just a few at 2mm from the end).

Westonci, I was meaning bleeding in the skin, at the extraction site, not bleeding in the plucked hair.

This is getting interesting Dr. Rassman has just put another comment on his blog.
    http://www.baldingblog.com/