Spencer Kobren Interviews Dr. Jerry Cooley | ACell MatriStem Plucked Hair

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Westonci
    • Feb 2010

You would have to wax every week for many years to begin destorying hair follicles.

The procedure that Dr. Cooley is using only plucks the hair a handful of times and so shouldnt effect the growth of the hair follicles.

Comment

• Spanish Dude
      Inactive
      • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Westonci
      You would have to wax every week for many years to begin destorying hair follicles.

The procedure that Dr. Cooley is using only plucks the hair a handful of times and so shouldnt effect the growth of the hair follicles.
      Yes, but this is not waxing. It seems to me that this is harder.
      Westonci, you posted photos of plucked hairs. How did you do it? Did the donor bleed?

Comment

• Westonci
        • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Spanish Dude
        Yes, but this is not waxing. It seems to me that this is harder.
        Westonci, you posted photos of plucked hairs. How did you do it? Did the donor bleed?

Ive been plucking by eyebrow and nose hairs every week since highschool age (15), im 22 now and i can say that the hairs are just as thick as i remember them.

As for the pictures i posted, I used a tweezer and simply plucked hairs from the side of my scalp. I then used a digital camera with macro zoom to take the picture. And no, the hairs follicles did not bleed as far as i remember.

If your concern is that plucking will reduce or damage donor hairs, Im 99% sure it wont have any major effects on the hairs

Comment

• Spanish Dude
          Inactive
          • Oct 2010

I have just plucked one from the side of my head using pliers. Nothing at the root, just the shaft is white at the end, and ends in a small hook. But no substances.
          Second attempt, the hair broke at the plier.
          Third attempt with tweezers, grabbing the hair close to the skin. Now there is a distinct black bulb but no cells attached (well, just a few at 2mm from the end).

Westonci, I was meaning bleeding in the skin, at the extraction site, not bleeding in the plucked hair.

Comment

• mlao
            • Oct 2009

This is getting interesting Dr. Rassman has just put another comment on his blog.

Comment

• Spanish Dude
              Inactive
              • Oct 2010

More questions for Dr. Cooley:

1. How difficult is to do the autocloning method? Hitzig says it is "extremely tedious". How much time do you need for each autocloned hair?

2. Have you observed the "triplication" observed by Dr. Hitzig? Dr. Hizig saw that he planted 50 plucked hairs, and 150 hairs grew!!

3. Regarding the female patient who got 1500 autocloned hairs.
              Did you plant 1500 hairs, or did you plant only 500 hairs and grew 1500 hairs?

Comment

• Spanish Dude
                Inactive
                • Oct 2010

Originally posted by mlao
                This is getting interesting Dr. Rassman has just put another comment on his blog.
                http://www.baldingblog.com/
                wow, this comment is not very cheerful

Comment

• mlao
                  • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Spanish Dude
                  wow, this comment is not very cheerful
                  Dr. Rassman and Dr. Bernstein are two of the most honest and renowned doctors in hair restoration If they are studying the applications of Acell in their practice I think that it is a strong endorsement and it will have weight thru out
                  the industry. And while it is still too early to start celebrating I for one am cautiously optimistic.

Comment

• Westonci
                    • Feb 2010

Did Oprah predict the Cure for Baldness?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• Westonci
                      • Feb 2010

I made a sensationalist video on Youtube, sorry I couldnt help it

Comment

• Westonci
                        • Feb 2010

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I made a sensationalist video on Youtube, sorry I couldnt help it [/QUOTE]

Comment

• Westonci
                          • Feb 2010

In part I at around 13:00 Hitzig says he implanted 50 plucked hairs, soaked in Acell, into scar tissue, and these hairs multiplied and the result was 150 hairs growing after 8 months.

He says that for every one plucked hairs that is implanted 3 hairs will grow. Im very excited

Comment

• KeepTheHair
                            • Mar 2010

Does anyone know if this is going to be more expensive than other hair transplants and roughly when we will be able to get something like this done?

Anyone?

Comment

• mlao
                              • Oct 2009

Dr. Cooley is already offering it in his practice and I think I read it was $10.00/hair
                              So it is still expensive.

Comment

• level
                                • Apr 2010

Originally posted by mlao
                                Dr. Cooley is already offering it in his practice and I think I read it was $10.00/hair
                                So it is still expensive.
                                $10.00 a hair?! That's a stiff price tag. That means it would cost well over $100,000 to get a full head of hair. I have to give Acell props, but the future of hair restoration is in regenerative treatments. What I mean by regenerative is that no serious incisions have to be made-you go in, get some injections on your scalp, and your free to continue on with your life as if nothing had happened.

Acell is definitely changing the hair game but the procedure seems too tedious, which is probably why the costs are so high. I wonder if they will formulate a way of using Acell to regenerate hair...That would be cool!

Comment

Working...