+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mlao View Post
    I think you should CAREFULLY read the interview it implies that in theory a person could have an unlimited donor supply. You pluck a hair from the donor area which grows back, you apply the acell to the plucked hair, you implant that hair and it produces a new hair.
    I think if you CAREFULLY read my post you will know that you don't answer my question.

I am just saying, unlimited donor is only important if you need big, big transplants done. Not so? I admit I don't fully understand everything. But I doubt this changes much for me since I don't need that many grafts. This will only make a HT more expensive for me. For a norwood 4+ this is definitely good news though.

You are young and everyone on this site has been supportive to you from your first post.
    If you were 45 and there was no other cure available to you this would be the Holy Grail.
    Nobody can truly predict future hair loss I have seen guys who were perfect, thick NW1s until the reached 40 and then in a matter of 4 years became NW4s. This is truly a break thru but I guess a guy like me will never be as smart as you!!!

lol What are we even arguing about.

I agree this is a huge huge step in the right direction. This might even make some completely bald people(that have a lot of money) into norwood 3-2's again. This is really good.

I am just not that full of hope at all right now. This doesn't change anything for me. I can't afford to travel to get a HT and then pay for it also. Even if I could... FUE has bad yield and FUT has room for too much complications. HTs aren't that great right now at all in my opinion... This is still a HT. Just a more complicated one for someone with donor.

I am being a ass probably. But I also try to help people here. I doubt we all come here when we are full of optimism about life and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepTheHair View Post
    lol What are we even arguing about.

I agree this is a huge huge step in the right direction. This might even make some completely bald people(that have a lot of money) into norwood 3-2's again. This is really good.

I am just not that full of hope at all right now. This doesn't change anything for me. I can't afford to travel to get a HT and then pay for it also. Even if I could... FUE has bad yield and FUT has room for too much complications. HTs aren't that great right now at all in my opinion... This is still a HT. Just a more complicated one for someone with donor.

I am being a ass probably. But I also try to help people here. I doubt we all come here when we are full of optimism about life and all that.
    You should look at it in perspective; In the late 50s and early 60s when Dr. Orentreich began performing transplantation it was akin to science fiction.
    In the 80s when Minoxidil became available and proved to be effective it was another advancement and in the late 90s when FUT and Finasteride were introduced even better advancements.
    Acell while in its infancy might move the ball forward like the above mentioned therapies.
    One of the major complaints of guys who get transplants done is the limited availability of donor hair and the scaring.
    If this is perfected and there is less or no scaring and more donor hair I call that a big step forward.
    While it is early days yet the hair restoration community seems to be looking into this in a big way. Since the announcement I have seen two highly respected doctors post on their blogs that they are starting to experiment with Acell.
    Hair loss is an ongoing condition and until someone or some company releases a product that can halt it in its tracks we will continue to look at ways to prevent it.
    I don't want to sound rude but this forum is not just about you. It's a community where ideas, opinions, and advancements are discussed by everyone.

I’ve been a big fan of Spencer Kobren for many years now but I seldom take the time to thank him for what he does for all of us. THANKS SPENCER for helping all of us get through this crazy hair loss thing! Dr. Cooley I’m very exciting about this breakthrough, thank you for keeping us posted here. I missed you on Spencer’s show last Tuesday, will you be doing another show because I would like to call in to ask you a couple of questions?

Thank you again!
    Paul

"I am being a ass probably. "
    ========================

KeepTheHair, not just probably

Inactive

Hello everyone, I have just registered.
    Thanks to Kobren and Dr. Cooley for making this possible.

Question for Dr. Cooley:
    Once you have confirmed that the cloned hairs are durable (they cycle after plucking, and they don't get affected by DHT), and the donor area regenerates with no problems, do you intend to attempt a full restauration of a very bald person, to demonstrate the technique in its full colours?

I am saying this because there is another doctor out there (Dr. Gho) who, for many years have claimed that he is able to multiply hair with relatively high yields, but the most he is willing to do is 1500 FU's per year (tipically 800 FU/year), and patients can't even verify if the hair was really multiplied or it was simply a normal FUE. Apparently, Gho has no intention whatsoever in making a full restauration to convince the sceptics.
    Do you plan to follow Gho's "commercial strategy"?

thanks!
    (I have more questions/suggestions, but I will deploy them little by little)

Inactive

Thumbs down little by little

Quote Originally Posted by Spanish Dude View Post
    (I have more questions/suggestions, but I will deploy them little by little)
    Oh no! Seems the longtime HairSite losers are trying – at first in a friendly and “little by little” way - to capture the (enemy) ship.

Spanish Dude, why are you suddenly so friendly?

Because on the other hand, you scream around all over the Internet, that they (including Dr. Cooley) are all “charlatans” and “fraudsters” ??

[IMG]http://www.*************/hair-loss/img/uploaded/2879_image180.jpg[/IMG]

Dr. Gho is "copying other charlatans like Dr. Hitzig and Dr. Cooley" ?

Spanish Dude, the whole Internet hair loss sufferer community is aware and tired of your permanent and sick rants against physicians and researchers out there, as well as your permanent rants and stalking behaviour against each and every user out there, who’s try to inform others and/or clarifies things for others and trying to get rid of such sick persons like you.

Here is no place for your rants!

Inactive

Iron_Man (Hair Robin Hood):

-Do you think legit researchers want your "idiotic inconditional support"?
    -any researcher who is a bit intelligent, will prefer my intelligent bashings, that your stupid robotic support. You support any researcher, no matter how credible he is, and no matter how many red flags he has attached. (except Whitfield, because you don't like his face, and then you suddenly notice his red flags).
    -Why you try to inflame and destroy every thread?
    -Don't you think my question to Dr. Cooley was interesting?
    -Why you post in different forums with different names?
    -when Hitzig posted about his "first ever cloning breakthrough", Cooley was interviewed by Kobren, and we all thought that this was another hype. Even Kobren said: "guys, this is not the cure". Are you going to bash Kobren too, Robot_Man?
    -So, given the past of Gho, given the past of Hitzig, and given that Cooley and Kemp got us entertained for 5 years at Intercytex with full of hopes and not a single photo, it was pretty natural to guess that all this Hitzig-Gho-Cooley was yet another fiasco. Only a retard like you, Iron_Man, who inconditionally believes any researcher, at any cost, would keep pushing ahead.
    -So even if Cooley method works, you are still a retard, Iron_Man
    -And congratulations, Iron_Man, you have destroyed yet another interesting thread.

Inactive

Another question for Dr. Cooley:

In the slide-presentation, you say that 4mm punching of the scalp, with transections at the edge, can be completely healed using Acell powder. Apparently, it closes with totally normal skin, and also with hair.
    Oviously, the extracted skin contains follicles, and these can be used for grafting. And these would be surely DHT resistant, etc.

So, if the donor hole regenerates completely with follicles, this would be another method of HM that would ensure recipient long term growth (maybe the long term growth is not assured in the donor, though).

So, even if the pluck method doesn't work in the long term, you would have the "punch cloning" method to test.

Am I getting this right?