+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Not true, read the following link

http://www.wipo.int/pctdb/en/wo.jsp?...8&DISPLAY=DESC

In the description Plucked hair + ECM is used, and they quote the following

"It is the object of this invention to overcome one or more of the above-mentioned problems, and thus to provide a method for the reproduction of human hair in which a long culturing time is not required. Extracellular matrix is produced by the (support) cells around the hair follicle. From our own research it is apparent that this Extracellular Matrix is essential for hair growth. In this invention the hairs are no longer cultured in a keratinocyte culture medium but are simply immersed for a short time in a medium which contains extracellular matrix or substitutes therefor. The hair is then put back. With this technique several hairs can grow as a result of putting back a single hair. The method according to the invention is moreover patient-friendly, because only plucked hairs can be used and no invasive method or anaesthesia is necessary, the patient does not have to come back for a second treatment after"

"According to this invention it is thus not necessary to culture the hair follicle cells; merely immersing the hair in the medium which contains extracellular matrix components or substitutes therefor is sufficient. The hair is then put back in the scalp, after which several hairs grow out of this one hair."

In the last step c) the hair of step b) is implanted in the scalp. This hair - or at least the part of the hair to which the stem cells are attached - has been in contact with a medium which contains extracellular matrix components or substitutes therefor, and probably as a consequence of this the hair stem cells which are located in that part have been 'activated1, so that they too can develop into hairs. As a consequence of this the implantation of the single hair of step b) results in the growth of one or several hairs ."

If every hair transplanted grows 3-4 hairs and this gets much better yield than FUE/FUT then this is definitely something truly awesome, actually.

If a 2000 graft transplant can be done, you can get ~7000 hairs growing...good hairs. I don't know anything about shock loss or whatever but I am pretty sure this could restore most hairlines.

If you get 2 procedures done or more...then you could have some really thick hair growing! But that would take a years worth of salary for any normal person and also almost 2 years of waiting for results?

Definitely awesome... Just time and money are both not so sweet with this. But I think it's a good option for anyone.

I'd like to know if it will interfere with future solutions though, like regenerative medicine etc.

Would most likely cost a fortune...but I guess thats normal for something this new.

Inactive

Default apoptosis

Quote Originally Posted by HairRobinHood View Post
    There’s the difference. That means, to multiply (plucked) hairs, you also need in addition to an ECM (e.g. ACell) suitable GROWTH FACTORS (e.g. PRP) – and NOT e.g. saline solution (leads to apoptosis!!).
    By the way ...

Krugluger W, Moser K, Moser C, Laciak K, Hugeneck J.
    Enhancement of in vitro hair shaft elongation in follicles stored in buffers that prevent follicle cell apoptosis.
    Dermatol Surg. 2004;30:1–5; discussion 5.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14692918

@mkamph - stop stop stop concerning your concerns:
    I've no idea what Dr. Cooley currently is doing. I just mentioned what HE mentioned in his ACell presentation. That means, maybe I just understood something wrong and maybe he currently is doing similar procedures like Dr. Hitzig - no idea ...

Another question im confused on. Do regular transplaned hairs multiply or both plucked and reg multiply?
    In the presentations and on forums Dr cooley never once mentioned that he has seen multiplication in implanted hairs, only Hitzig as noted this. Quite confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by miozambrotta19 View Post
    Another question im confused on. Do regular transplaned hairs multiply or both plucked and reg multiply?
    In the presentations and on forums Dr cooley never once mentioned that he has seen multiplication in implanted hairs, only Hitzig as noted this. Quite confusing.
    Actually he did, he mentioned hair sprouting out like an "offshoot" from a tree in his presentation. I think it was the in the 4th video

I sent an Email too Acell.

-------------------------------------------
    Question

Hello I have two questions.

1. Do you sell your acell matristem to the general public?

2. How much does it cost?

Response:

Thank you for your interest in ACell's regenerative medicine products and
    technology. Our MatriStem® medical devices are available only by
    prescription through a United States physician, hospital or clinic. We would
    be happy to address any questions or concerns your physician may have and
    provide technical information on applications and procedures for our
    MatriStem products.

Please ask your doctor to explain the benefits and costs of ACell’s
    MatriStem products. If your doctor is interested in speaking with a sales
    representative in their area please have them email us or contact us by
    phone at 1-800-826-2926 Monday-Friday 9-5 Eastern Standard Time. Thank you.

It would be useless to buy? How would you use it, and what would you use it for?

Quote Originally Posted by miozambrotta19 View Post
    It would be useless to buy? How would you use it, and what would you use it for?
    Experiment, as well as curiosity.

For example I could use a dermaroller on my scalp, than apply the powder matristem, and who knows i might get a reversal in hairloss or something or nothing at all.

Better off letting the doctors do the research.