Spencer Kobren Interviews Dr. Jerry Cooley | ACell MatriStem Plucked Hair - Page 11 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

I am an investor in Histogen. The plan is still to release the HSC in Asia (excluding Japan) in 2013, and in the US and Europe by 2015. They are conducting their next trial phase in Singapore in February. I am assuming that if this product does everything it is supposed to do, most of you will figure out a way to get to Asia.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan555 View Post
    I am an investor in Histogen. The plan is still to release the HSC in Asia (excluding Japan) in 2013, and in the US and Europe by 2015. They are conducting their next trial phase in Singapore in February. I am assuming that if this product does everything it is supposed to do, most of you will figure out a way to get to Asia.
    http://www.histogen.com/products/hsc.htm

"The next clinical trial of HSC is currently in planning stages, and is scheduled to begin in Singapore in early 2011, with plans for pan-Asian approval in 2014. Estimated U.S. market introduction of the injectable for hair regrowth in the treatment of male pattern baldness is 2015, with potential for earlier introduction in certain identified countries."

Ryan555 is right. I heard the same thing from the CEO and trials manager of Histogen. If all goes well they still plan to release this in Asia in 2013(hopefully the 1Q). Then the only problem would be finding a Doctor who offers it in Asia, but that shouldnt be so hard to find. Im crossing my fingers and hoping the first 2 phases go well and we should hear something by summer. I have no clue what Aderans are up to. In 2003 there release date was in 5 years, and there stil in phase 2. I read somewhere that there release is 2014 but i highly doubt that unless the phase 2 trials show great results and are able to get funds fast for phase 3 trials. If Acell shows that hairs will cycle, i wouldnt mind get a couple sessions with thata nd then getting an injection of histogen of aderans to fill in. That would be ideal.

Nothing is guaranteed, but they are getting a lot of cooperation in Asia and it seems likely that it will be made available by 2013. As far as finding a doctor to give the treatment, there will be a well-developed "hair tourism" industry around this product if it works as well as tests show. It will be available like botox injections (not just hair transplant doctors) and it should be very easy to get it.

ACell MatriStem for Hair Loss – Dr. Gary Hitzig Displays His Preliminary Results

http://www.iahrs.org/news/acell-matr...inary-results/

Quote Originally Posted by miozambrotta19 View Post
    Ryan555 is right. I heard the same thing from the CEO and trials manager of Histogen. If all goes well they still plan to release this in Asia in 2013(hopefully the 1Q). Then the only problem would be finding a Doctor who offers it in Asia, but that shouldnt be so hard to find. Im crossing my fingers and hoping the first 2 phases go well and we should hear something by summer. I have no clue what Aderans are up to. In 2003 there release date was in 5 years, and there stil in phase 2. I read somewhere that there release is 2014 but i highly doubt that unless the phase 2 trials show great results and are able to get funds fast for phase 3 trials. If Acell shows that hairs will cycle, i wouldnt mind get a couple sessions with thata nd then getting an injection of histogen of aderans to fill in. That would be ideal.
    On the forum, Miozambrotta19 says

I spoke with CEO of Histogen over email and she told me the soonest would be 2014 for overseas and 2013 would be impossible. Figure, if they start phase 1 and 2 trials in Feb of 2011 that would run for one year before results are given. Then phase 3 would start some time in late 2012 or 2013 and then would run for another year before results are given and then it would hit the market. Without funding it could get pushed back again in later trials as it got pushed back a couple times for these first trials. 2013 would be literally impossible. There is promise in these technologies but no one has any idea how they'll go. I want to be optimistic about it but there still in the beginning phases. Anything could happen. The initial phases were promising, and hopefully the next trails show even better efficiency but at this point all we can do it cross our fingers and wait. Lest not over optimistic as we know what happened with other companies and technologies.

So did you speak to her since?

The latest updte is that they are still planing to release something in Asia(not japan) in 2013, and for introduction in America by 2015. Again this is all on the notion that phase 1 and 2 go well and that they are able to get quick funding for the phase 3 trials. We will have to wait till summer to see the early results. If anyone wants to email them, they can go to the Histogen website and find the emails. If the these first 2 trials go well we should more then likely see fast funding. Lets just hope this happens.

What i dont get is how Dr cooley and Dr hitzig say 2 different things in there findings. Dr Cooley has said hes not able to multiply hairs with Acell, but Dr hitzigf says hes implanted 50 hairs on one patient and saw 150 hairs after. Dr Hitzig shows more then one patient with multiplication. Dr Hitzig also shows that he can mantain donor hairs in a strip procedure and reuse them where Dr cooley mentions he see no new hairs in a strip but one better looking and feeling scars. Why do these 2 doctors show different results or am i missing something

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by miozambrotta19 View Post
    What i dont get is how Dr cooley and Dr hitzig say 2 different things in there findings. Dr Cooley has said hes not able to multiply hairs with Acell, but Dr hitzigf says hes implanted 50 hairs on one patient and saw 150 hairs after. Dr Hitzig shows more then one patient with multiplication. Dr Hitzig also shows that he can mantain donor hairs in a strip procedure and reuse them where Dr cooley mentions he see no new hairs in a strip but one better looking and feeling scars. Why do these 2 doctors show different results or am i missing something
    The simple answer is: They used different methods in the usage of ACell.

Essential quotations …

Dr. Cooley
    http://www.iahrs.org/news/dr-jerry-c...-presentation/

Autocloning (plucking and transplanting plucked beard and/or scalp hairs):

Concerning “Autocloning”, in his presentation Dr. Cooley didn’t explicitly mention in which way (or if at all?) he applied ACell for Autocloning. He is just talking about “Hitzig’s Autocloning technique” in HIS presentation – that’s all.

ACell and Follicular Unit grafting (standard hair transplant):

Dr. Cooley: “Acell MatriStem™ powder - Mixed with saline and applied to grafts”

----------------------------

Dr. Hitzig
    http://www.iahrs.org/news/acell-matr...inary-results/

Dr. Hitzig: “Plucked hairs further coated with ACell.” – “Plucked hair soaking in ACell suspension.”
    Dr. Hitzig: “ACell was injected in the recipient region during procedure.”
    Dr. Hitzig: “Every single hair I put in there let grow 3 – 4 hairs.”
    Dr. Hitzig: „ACell [powder mixed with arterial blood from the donor area = ‘suspension’] being injected directly into scalp.”

There’s the difference. That means, to multiply (plucked) hairs, you also need in addition to an ECM (e.g. ACell) suitable GROWTH FACTORS (e.g. PRP) – and NOT e.g. saline solution (leads to apoptosis!!).

this concerns me. i'm going in for the autocloning with dr. cooley and thought that he and hitzig were using the same soaking technique.

anyone heard if cooley is adjusting his technique?