+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Dr. Cooley when interviewed by Spencer said that the largest case he has done so far is a 1500 hair/graft case on a women. I would think in the beginning that most doctors will attempt small procedures and in doing so perfect the process over time.

Yeah... this is why acell hair transplants don't excite me much at all. If the price is going to be the same...or more than a normal hair transplant. Only people with a big budget and very late state of hair loss will benefit.

For most people a normal hair transplant is probably even better because of the price.

Could acell perhaps be used another way to make hair?

I don't think anyone knows exactly how this will eventually fit in, but there are advantages. Think about it.
    We're all counting on Histogen or Aderans having a product out soon.
    I would love to see that but the timeline keeps shifting so until it's available it's a non-issue. Acell is something that we have now which can be perfected as doctors learn more about it. If it proves successful I'm sure the price will come down and the size of the session will go up. Plus you have less limit on donor supply and less scaring and tightness in the donor area.
    Also hair loss is progressive. Meds can slow it down and stop it temporarily but until there is a magic bullet it will continue to some degree in everyone.
    Having one more useful therapy Like ACell could be a great advancement.

Quote Originally Posted by mlao View Post
    I don't think anyone knows exactly how this will eventually fit in, but there are advantages. Think about it.
    We're all counting on Histogen or Aderans having a product out soon.
    I would love to see that but the timeline keeps shifting so until it's available it's a non-issue. Acell is something that we have now which can be perfected as doctors learn more about it. If it proves successful I'm sure the price will come down and the size of the session will go up. Plus you have less limit on donor supply and less scaring and tightness in the donor area.
    Also hair loss is progressive. Meds can slow it down and stop it temporarily but until there is a magic bullet it will continue to some degree in everyone.
    Having one more useful therapy Like ACell could be a great advancement.
    Indeed, if this procedure is currently expensive it would be caused by a supply and demand issue.

From what im read only Dr. Cooley and Hitzig are performing this procedure properly, so you can imagine why it would be so expensive. If he were to charge anthing less than $1 per hair than we would see a long line up for this procedure.

Once more doctors start performing this procedure than we can see a significant drop in price, maybe even a black market?

Inactive

10 USD per hair is 20 USD per FU (typically 2 hairs/FU).
    Can anyone confirm this price?

This is all great news, but lets say it take another 6months to a year to perfect this procedure and someone ops to gte this procedure done, it will take another 8months to a year to get the full growth. Thats almost 2 years of waiting to get some transformation on your scalp. For those who need more then one procedure that will be 2-4 years of waiting. If i need to wait this long i might as well wait and get the real cure from Histogen and Aderans. I know nothing is set in stone with these companies but by summer or 2011 we should know where Aderans and Histogen stand. Its all a waiting game.

Quote Originally Posted by miozambrotta19 View Post
    This is all great news, but lets say it take another 6months to a year to perfect this procedure and someone ops to gte this procedure done, it will take another 8months to a year to get the full growth. Thats almost 2 years of waiting to get some transformation on your scalp. For those who need more then one procedure that will be 2-4 years of waiting. If i need to wait this long i might as well wait and get the real cure from Histogen and Aderans. I know nothing is set in stone with these companies but by summer or 2011 we should know where Aderans and Histogen stand. Its all a waiting game.
    I really doubt many people will be getting it done in the next six months.
    At this stage it is still experimental and the price is prohibitive for most people.
    There are also unanswered questions (is the hair DHT resistant, will it cycle more than once, Can you mimmic follicular units, how large a session can be performed)
    I still have a great deal of faith in Histogen, Aderans, Allergen, and even QR678 but they are not "real cures" yet.
    To have something like Acell that some of the most respected transplant doctors in the world are starting to experiment with now is a big deal. Who knows what they will discover about its use during their research.
    I am optimistic about anything that will move the game forward and right now this is it.

Pretty much agree with you.

A hair transplant is a good option right now, definitely. A lot of people can benefit...

but... Acell doesn't really change anything. It came somewhat too late. In the future if it gets used differently it will definitely be useful. You could also do other types of transplants and things and I am sure it will have a lot of uses.

I know for me and a lot of others it won't change a thing. I can get a transplant without it and have more than enough donor hair.

By the time the price comes down(if) and by the time I could get it or afford it it will be completely irrelevant because of the future treatments that are probably coming out.

Hairtransplants are great...but it kinda sucks that you have to wait a full year for the results and a lot of the times(lets admit it) hair transplants don't really look that great or get a good yield.

We need something better than hair transplants.

But they are still the best thing and I would definitely have already gotten one if I could afford multiple hairtransplants and had $ if it failed for repairs etc.

The problems with Histogen and Aderans is they keep pushing there release dates.

I remember histogen saying they would be ready in asia by 2013, and now on there website it says 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Westonci View Post
    The problems with Histogen and Aderans is they keep pushing there release dates.

I remember histogen saying they would be ready in asia by 2013, and now on there website it says 2014.
    That sucks. But I always knew they probably were going to push it to a later date..since thats what always happens in the world of hair loss solutions.

Where do they say 2014?