+ Reply to Thread

Default Just letting people know about my sides from Finasteride. (Testicle pain)

I was a very optimistic person about Fin, watching Kevin Mann and reddit/r/tressless, the hairloss show on youtube to name a few influences for my decision to hop on. Mainly it was my hair loss doctor at the Belgravia clinic that convinced me to get on at the 1mg dosage which I didn't want to do but was persuaded to not try 1mg 3x a week. My GP however was not enthusiastic and didn't want me to use it citing lack of prescription to my age (27) and the fact sexual sides exist. I decided to try and save my hair.

Anyway I got on 2.5 weeks ago at 1mg, 3 days in I had very mild ball ache. This was fine for me I saw many had this side, I stayed positive and kept going but at day 7 I noticed the ache became actual pain that would range from sharp to mild aching all day.

At day 7 I reduced my fin to 1mg EOD for 3 days in that week. Now at some point that week I realized my right testicle would also suck up into my sack a lot higher than my left one and this would be accompanied by pelvis, and lower abdominal pain. Sitting for long periods made this pain much worse. The pain is now completely in my right testicle and this testicle is literally looking different now, it either hangs lower or higher than the other at all times which was not the case before and it rests in a position that is not the same as it was before. My left testicle has been pretty much pain free these 2 weeks and looks completely normal, the size of both are the same. But there is definitely a difference now.

All these symptoms made me look up "varicocele" which sounds like something I have now. I stopped taking fin 3-4 days ago and I feel minor improvement in my right testicle.

This post isn't to scare or anything like that. Simply i'm saying get your balls checked for "varicocele" before you start as I may of had a preexisting condition and Fin has had a bad effect on my right nut. I can understand sticking it through mild ball ache but there was just too much pain in my abdomin and the physical changes were too scary to continue usage. And all this in just 2 weeks maybe 10 pills overall.

Can still get and maintain erections no brain fog or anything like that. Vision is fine, libido is lower however due to the pain/pressure in the area, that's to be expected with pain. You would think ED would be an issue here but it's really not. But the testicle has never felt this way before and that's quite the proof something is happening wrong here. I do suspect the pain could be unrelated but the timing would be insanely unlucky for me. This is why i've got off the drug to see what's going on.

Last thing I want to add is my sleep, diet and exercise is all extremely terrible probably a horrible decision to **** with my hormones if I can't even maintain basic things such as that.

The things we do for our hair man.

Heres how i see it. Dont do something that has a chance of messing something up that is very very important to you. So dont try to fix the problem (hair loss) by potentially making an even bigger problem. Get off fin and hopefully you recover fully. 80 percent of the people i know who took fin all got serious issues and stopped taking it. Not worth it my friend