+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

film New Guy - Would appreciate advice.

Hey Guys,

This is my first post. I'm 29 years old. My pics are below. My hair has been receding for about 4 years. I've been on Propecia for almost 3 years. The Propecia seems to be stabilizing the hair loss and there was a little bit of re-growth during the first 6 months.

I want to improve my hairline so I'm seriously considering a hair transplant. I want to re-grow the bald frontal area and if possible the temple area. I know that many people may think I'm silly because I have a full head of hair. But I don't care - I want to improve my appearance. I've saved up $10,000 and I want to find the best surgeon.

I've heard good stuff about Dr Armani. I read on a board that he does good temple and frontal work. I've also heard a lot of good stuff about Hasson And Wong in the UK. I know research is crucial and I'm going to invest the time in researching this. I would really appreciate your advice. Thank you!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0677.jpg

Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	7141

Name:	IMG_0695.jpg

Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	7142

Name:	IMG_0694.jpg

Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	7143

My advice
    Cut is short, learn to accept it ( baldness ) and move on,something I wasn't and still have trouble dealing with
    Don't let your hair loss ruin your life
    But if you are set on a HT ......do your homework
    Good luck

Dave52,

Thanks for your advice. However, my brothers are both pretty bald. One has almost no hair on the top of his head and he's only 31. If I don't do something I will end up like him.

if both your brothers are 'very bald' it sounds like you wuldnt be a good candidate for a ht based on your family history. For god sakes dont go to armani. dr shapiro or dr hasson would be my top 2 docs i would suggest to you.

Quote Originally Posted by hdude46 View Post
    if both your brothers are 'very bald' it sounds like you wuldnt be a good candidate for a ht based on your family history. For god sakes dont go to armani. dr shapiro or dr hasson would be my top 2 docs i would suggest to you.
    Hdude46,

Can you explain why my family history would make me a poor candidate for HT?

because you could advance to a nw6-7 and a ht would look unnatural/not cover anywhere near enough of your balding area. you really need to speak with a physician/do a TON more research. Also, you have nowhere near a full head of hair. if you have only been losing hair for 4 yrs and have lost THST much hair, yet propecia has stabilized your hair loss for 3 yrs, then you baldness is likely very aggressive.

PLEASE speak with a physician like Dr hasson or Dr Shapiro before you decide anything.

Well that makes sense.

You're a young dude, surgery should be your last option IMO. Before going that route, try meds. I see you're on Propecia - if it has reached max effectiveness, you could consider raising your daily dose. In addition, start using 2% Nizoral shampoo and minoxidil as well. You could try Avodart in place of Propecia, but like I've told two others today (sorry for my Broken Record Syndrome), it's NOT proven safe as a long-term MPB treatment. You would want to keep an eye out for side effects at all times.

Anyway. This regimen should help you somewhat, and if you still decide you want an HT afterwards, you'll at least have a bit more hair to work with.
    I agree about consulting with reputable docs like Hasson & Wong. Alvi Armani strikes me more as a businessman than a concerned medical professional, but that's a whole different topic.

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    You're a young dude, surgery should be your last option IMO. Before going that route, try meds. I see you're on Propecia - if it has reached max effectiveness, you could consider raising your daily dose. In addition, start using 2% Nizoral shampoo and minoxidil as well. You could try Avodart in place of Propecia, but like I've told two others today (sorry for my Broken Record Syndrome), it's NOT proven safe as a long-term MPB treatment. You would want to keep an eye out for side effects at all times.

Anyway. This regimen should help you somewhat, and if you still decide you want an HT afterwards, you'll at least have a bit more hair to work with.
    I agree about consulting with reputable docs like Hasson & Wong. Alvi Armani strikes me more as a businessman than a concerned medical professional, but that's a whole different topic.
    Thanks for the advice. I'm looking into Avodart. I'm just hesitant about stopping the Propecia. Can I take Propecia and Avodart together? Daily Avodart dosage is 2.5mg - correct?

Also, should I add Rogaine to my daily regimen? Will I benefit?