Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fullheadtony96
    • May 2020

Finasteride studies are BS

I know i will likely be taken as a joke, but im 24 years old and have been on fin since i was 21. I caught it earlier than most and still have a nice head of hair. However iv experienced multiple sheds on the pill. I say the studies are bs, because they claim that fin isnt dose dependent, and that more than 1mg wont help and that is false.

I started 1mg as recommended and my hair thickened back to where it was before mpb started damaging it. It lost effectiveness after a year and a half and i went up to 1.5mg. Iv been on it now 3 years and i take 3.5 mg a day. The funny thing is, if i cut back to even .5 mg less than what i normally take, my hair quality goes to shit. Hair becomes hard/wiry and thinner.. It snaps back in literally 2 days if i hop back on my normal dose.. If it isnt dose dependent, how do higher doses maintain what i have, and small variances in the dosage make my hair quality terrible and cause me to start losing ground? I had sides when i first started fin but they slowly faded. At 3.5 mg i dont have any sides that are more intense than on 1mg. My body has adjusted to the medication. Take the studies on fin with a grain of salt... if it was accurate the amount of people with sides would be much much higher than what they claim, and i wouldnt lose hair by dropping my dose a measly .5 mg. I went down on my dosage by .5 mg for a whole month and my hairline literally receded drastically. Went back to 3.5 mg and it all grew back in 2 months. Finasteride is a crazy drug. I dont think you should just bump up to 3.5 mg lol.. but experiment and see for yourself what works for you, safely of course.
Working...