+ Reply to Thread

Default Newb question about hair system salon

Hi guys, I've been researching hair systems for over a year now and hoping to get started in the next 1-2 months. I visited a salon in my area today and the lady was very nice and answered all of my questions and seems very qualified. She and her assistant asked alot of questions about my lifestyle and work environment and took a good hour with me matching my bio hair to what they thought would be best on color wheel which was a very dark brown with 20-30 gray. She charges $370 for the initial install which includes the unit and cut in and just everything that goes with getting it initially installed, and then she charges $120 per appointment for detach and reattach and cleaning and bio hair cut, and she claims I will only need to schedule these appointments every 3-4 weeks. However based on my research, my understanding was that a hair system must be*removed and cleaned and then reattached every 5-10 days.

Also, I was hoping to be able to order my own hair system from Lord Hair or Lavivid and have her do all of the rest, but when I asked her about those two brands she said she doesnt like them bc she finds the hair to be "too coarse" and not natural. She says she only uses a brand called "Onrite" which she orders herself and* takes care of that end*of*it,but I am not familiar with that brand. I tried to search for it and was able to find it for sale on a site called discount hair systems and another site that I dont recall the name. The units were listed as around $450 and up,*but so far I cannot find much about "Onrite" hair systems or that company. I am a bit suspicious about this, feeling it may be a red flag, and wonder if these are just cheap units that she is using in order to increase her profit margin.

My questions are:*

1)Has anyone heard of*Onrite brand hair*systems and do you know if they are any*good?

2)are the prices she is charging fair and reasonable?

3) is it a red flag that she is claiming that I will only need to come in for reinstall every 3-4 weeks?

I'm just wondering if any of these things are obvious red flags and if should move on*to another salon. Any help from some experienced hair system veterans would be so greatly appreciated.As you can probably tell, I am a rookie and definitely dont know much about this stuff yet, still learning and just*trying to get started but dont want to start off at a bad place with a bad system that might sour me to the whole hair system deal. Being so green at this I'm an easy mark to be*ripped off.

I hope I provided enough info to give a clear picture. Sorry if I didnt. Thanks for listening guys😀

Hey guys, I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and a happy and safe New Year! I just wanted to post an update. I visited a second salon a few days ago. It was a little nicer, had a hair salon downstairs and some nice offices upstairs where I had my consultation. This woman (stylist) I met with was younger, probably mid to late 30s, and I just liked her alot better. She was very down to earth, made me feel at ease, and seemed much more open, honest and forthcoming with information and details. The first place I went to the lady was older, probably more experienced, but she just kind of gave me a vibe like she wasn't being fully honest, especially when I asked her about Lordhair and Lavivid products.
    Anyways, this second place seemed great, and then she got into the systems they use and pricing... she said they also use OnRite, but mainly a product called Hairskeen, and she charges $1,000 for initial install, cut, and hair system and then $85 after that for maintenance appointments. The $1000 is not in my budget, especially paying this every 3 months, so I basically told her I'd think about it and get back in touch...I think she could read in my eyes and voice that this price was not gonna work for me, so she then told me I didnt have to get their hair system and*could order my own, and if i went that route it would be $150 for the cut in and install, and then $85 for each maintenance appointment. This was great news to me, bc this was the scenario I was looking for, and those prices are in my budget...especially given the fact*that (according to my basic research) I get get a good quality system for $200-300.
    This lady was very informative and told me that if I do go there I can always call her in case of hair emergencies and she stays on call, and could get me in quick if I had issues, and would also teach me how to do alot of the maintenance myself and small touchups.
    She did some measurements on my head and matched my hair color.
    She said it was a color "1B" with 20% grey. So 1B20 I think. I looked on Lordhair site and I found a few units with 1B available but only one unit (the s1) with a 1B20...i noticed many colors are unavailable, maybe due to China/vivid situation. Thinking about just going 1B and dying bio hair. Any thoughts or adv5on this?
    She also said she suggested the*lowest level of density, especially on the first system.
    I hope I explained all of that well enough, I know I'm kind of all over*the place with these details, I apologize for that. Any feedback and advice would be greatly appreciated. I appreciate you guys and thanks for listening.*Here's to a better 2021 for us all!

Hello, if you want to make a fashionable hairstyle, then it is important not only to take into account the latest fashion trends for haircuts, but also to pay attention to your face type, hair structure, etc. I can recommend you to use the services of the salon mckinney tx, where you can be offered different options for fashionable haircuts that are more suitable for your face shape.

Hey there! I'm on the hunt for a top-notch hair salon in Oviedo that ticks all the boxes when it comes to modern standards and services. I'm looking for a place that not only excels in traditional haircuts and styling but also offers a wide range of contemporary treatments like balayage, keratin treatments, and maybe even some unique, trendsetting options. Cleanliness and a welcoming atmosphere are crucial for me, and of course, skilled and friendly stylists make all the difference. If you've got any recommendations or personal experiences with Oviedo hair salon, please share! Your insights will be greatly appreciated.

I may suggest that you make use of the services provided by the Mobile Hair Salon in Portsmouth, NH, where you will be presented with a variety of stylish haircut options that are better suited to your face shape.