+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Propecia & Minoxidil

Hi People

This is my first post. Hope somebody can help me?

I first started to notice my hair loss about a year ago but I could still manage my hair how I liked but over the past 12 months my hair loss has really taken off. I keep it long to try and cover up the loss mainly to the centre/top/front of my scalp. I am a 33 year old male.

I am currently 3 week in taking Propecia (1mg) and I am considering combining this with Minoxidil. Please can you give me your honest opinions of taking both or should I just stick to Propecia for now?

Do laser combs do anything?

Also what is the best DAILY shampoo to use for hair loss suffers?

Sorry if these questions have already been answered.

Thank you in advance.

In summary, it is generally recommended to use both. For shampoo, the ingredient you're looking for is ketoconazole. Most recommend Nizoral, I prefer Revita.

Quote Originally Posted by Fixed by 35 View Post
    In summary, it is generally recommended to use both. For shampoo, the ingredient you're looking for is ketoconazole. Most recommend Nizoral, I prefer Revita.
    Thanks for your reply. Really appreciaite it.

Can Revita and Nizoral be used every day?

Also I have noticed since I started to lose hair my head, especially on top is very itchy to the point sometimes, especially when washing it amost feels soothing to scratch it excessively, any advice or comments?

Yeah, I used to get an itchy scalp which I think can be attributed to MPB. At least that was my best guess as to the cause. Revita has taken the itch away, as have a number of shampoos such as Revivogen. Indeed, even if they didn't prevent hair loss, I need these shampoos to stop the damn itch!

I am in Uk, where is the best place to buy Revita?

Thanks again

I'm in the UK too. I buy it from Amazon. It's about £20 a bottle which might sound a bit pricey, but it lasts a couple of months and it does stop the itching.

Can it be used Daily?

What is your results and what do you use? Propecia and Minox?

How long you been using your regime?

I currently use generic dutasteride (don't bother getting it, it's no better than propecia and I'll be switching back once I've run out of supplies!), minoxidil and revita. Results have been maintenance but no regrowth. I've been using the regime for about a year now; I wish I'd started much earlier.

I'm very optimistic about future treatments, especially Histogen. I'm curious as to whether TRX2 will work too.

Actually, next year I'm considering a radical new approach to hair loss. To be honest my hair is in an awful state anyway and it can't get much worse so I might as well take a punt. If it fails, death after a five year binge will follow (I have no intention of spending more than another 8 years with this shit, anyone who says there is life after hair loss is either a liar or an idiot!)

So, anyway, the new approach. I'm going to replace Propecia with saw palmetto, nettle root extract and beta sitosterol; I'm going to improve my diet and exercise more; I'm going to take TRX2 tablets and I'm going to continue using Revita and minoxidil.

Quote Originally Posted by Fixed by 35 View Post
    I currently use generic dutasteride (don't bother getting it, it's no better than propecia and I'll be switching back once I've run out of supplies!), minoxidil and revita. Results have been maintenance but no regrowth. I've been using the regime for about a year now; I wish I'd started much earlier.

I'm very optimistic about future treatments, especially Histogen. I'm curious as to whether TRX2 will work too.

Actually, next year I'm considering a radical new approach to hair loss. To be honest my hair is in an awful state anyway and it can't get much worse so I might as well take a punt. If it fails, death after a five year binge will follow (I have no intention of spending more than another 8 years with this shit, anyone who says there is life after hair loss is either a liar or an idiot!)

So, anyway, the new approach. I'm going to replace Propecia with saw palmetto, nettle root extract and beta sitosterol; I'm going to improve my diet and exercise more; I'm going to take TRX2 tablets and I'm going to continue using Revita and minoxidil.
    Hey Fixed by 35

Sounds a bit drastic!!! How old are you?

Have you not considered a hair transplant or simply going for the shaved look?

I too have considered drastic measures only a few weeks ago but I have two young kids to think about.

I'm 27 and I've been losing hair since about 19 or 20. Fortunately I don't have any children and don't want any because I don't want to pass on this genetic defect, so I don't feel any responsibility to keep going for the sake of others.

My philosophy is that you have to seek out what makes you happy for the longest possible time. Living a mundane life for decades to come as some bald/balding loser will be utterly miserable and a complete waste of time.

My approach in the short term is to fight the battle as hard as I can against hair loss. It's not a pleasant way to spend my time but at least it isn't a waste of time. However, should I ever get to the point that I lose (in one of two ways; either I go completely bald or I get too old to ever enjoy my remaining youth) then there is no particular reason to go on living. When I reach that point, I'm going to start chain smoking, eating the wrong things and partaking in all sorts of life shortening activities. It'll be a hedonistic lifestyle to balance out all the shit and it will be blissfully short.