+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Fixed by 35 View Post
    I'm 27 and I've been losing hair since about 19 or 20. Fortunately I don't have any children and don't want any because I don't want to pass on this genetic defect, so I don't feel any responsibility to keep going for the sake of others.

My philosophy is that you have to seek out what makes you happy for the longest possible time. Living a mundane life for decades to come as some bald/balding loser will be utterly miserable and a complete waste of time.

My approach in the short term is to fight the battle as hard as I can against hair loss. It's not a pleasant way to spend my time but at least it isn't a waste of time. However, should I ever get to the point that I lose (in one of two ways; either I go completely bald or I get too old to ever enjoy my remaining youth) then there is no particular reason to go on living. When I reach that point, I'm going to start chain smoking, eating the wrong things and partaking in all sorts of life shortening activities. It'll be a hedonistic lifestyle to balance out all the shit and it will be blissfully short.
    Dont you fancy hair transplant or Shaved look?

A HT is definitely worth considering, although I want to see what Histogen's results are like before I pay for one.

As for the shaved look, let's just say I'd sooner use a blade on my wrists than my head!

I tried Procerin for 3 months, did nothing at all, then tried Saw Palmetto from Holland & Barratt for 3 months which did nothing. Now just on Propecia. Not sure I would use Saw Pametto instead of Propecia, might be an idea to use both?

Any more thought peeps in the best way forward for me to do with Meds etc???

Any thoughts on just sticking with Propecia or adding Minoxidil too?

I upped my dose from 1-2.5mgs of propecia daily. I'm afraid to get on monoxidil due to more shedding and the fact that its not for frontal/top of head balding/thinning.(only crown)

I've been told some of the stronger formulas can work on frontal loss. I've also read some positive reviews on this site.

I've been told some of the stronger formulas can work on frontal loss. I've also read some positive reviews on this site.
    Which formulas in particular please?

I think Dr. Lee sells some 15% stuff. I've read someone saying they had success with Rogaine foam too.

So, anyway, the new approach. I'm going to replace Propecia with saw palmetto, nettle root extract and beta sitosterol; I'm going to improve my diet and exercise more; I'm going to take TRX2 tablets and I'm going to continue using Revita and minoxidil.
    Aren't you worried about switching from Propecia to less proven treatments like nettle root extract? It seems like the results you've gotten from finasteride would be at risk.
    What about the idea of supplementing (instead of replacing) your current regimen with some of those natural remedies?

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    Aren't you worried about switching from Propecia to less proven treatments like nettle root extract? It seems like the results you've gotten from finasteride would be at risk.
    What about the idea of supplementing (instead of replacing) your current regimen with some of those natural remedies?
    I would tend to agree. It might not be a bad idea to add supplements instead of coming off propecia altogether.