Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • steveat373
    • Oct 2010

Sutures

Is there any disadvantage to using disposable sutures vs. sutures that have to be removed in 10-11 days. I live pretty far away and do not want to travel bact to Dr..
  • Spex
    Dr Representative
    • Nov 2008

There is reason i am sure, possibly to achieve the best torsion, closure rather than dissolvable ones which could dissolve too early.. I would not be too concerns about returning to the clinic as a local nurse or even a family member can remove them
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Comment

• Plum
      • Jan 2009

With my second surgery, I had a deep layer closure that used dissolvable sutures and traditional sutures used for the more superficial closure. As I had traveled out of town, I had a local doctor remove my outer layer sutures without a problem. (My hair transplant surgeon actually provided written instructions with a diagram for me to give the doctor who would be removing my sutures.)

I think it comes down to personal preference of the doctor whether they use dissolvable ones or "traditional" ones, but in truth, I have not heard of any surgeons using dissolvable ones for the outer layer closure. (I've only heard of them being used with double closure techniques with the dissolvable ones always being the deeper, under-the-skin ones.)

I hope this helps.

Comment

• steveat373
        • Oct 2010

Thanks for the responses!

Comment

• gillenator
          • Dec 2008

Aren't you glad you did not have staples?
          "Gillenator"
          Independent Patient Advocate
          more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Comment

Working...