+ Reply to Thread

Default Help 20 year old

I found you on the internet after spending a full week of trying to find information to help my daughter. I wanted to reach out to you and see what you thought about issue.

Breanna is a 20-year-old. Sometime in November she started to have bumps and scabs on her head. Her dermatologist diagnosed her with psoriasis and gave her a steroid cream. Before we knew it, she had a goose egg size lump on her head that was painful and full of pus. She had a culture taken of the pus and it came back as a staph infection. By the end of about week 5, Breanna had been to an urgent care, the emergency room, her dermataologist at least 6 times, an infectious disease doctor and lastly at a professor at Henry Ford. During that month she was given 17 different prescriptions, none of them worked. Everyone continuing to tell her it is psoriasis that got infected. Due to the numerous medications and changing them constantly, she ended up with hives all over her body which just added to the stress we were all under at this point.

10 days ago, her dermatologist took a biopsy and said that it came back as "cellulitis", but I am unsure of what that means at this point, we are scheduled to see her again on Thursday.

As I am sure you are aware, the internet is a blessing and a curse, I am praying at this point the things I have found on the internet are not what my daughter is suffering with. The thing that keeps coming up repeatedly is "dissecting cellulitis" and that states the hair will not grow back.

I am reaching out to any and every one, praying to find the miracle that will help my beautiful baby girl regain her hair.

Best Regards, A desperate mother..........
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail_image_123923953.jpg

Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	69281   Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail_image_123927839.jpg

Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	69282  

It is so horrible. Have you found any solutions?

I'm praying for you and for your daughter. I'm really sorry that I'm not able to help with actual information about the diagnoses, but I hope you might have found some answers until now. I also suffer from alopecia aerate and I've started to lose my hair back in high school. It was a pretty traumatic experience at that point, made me battle with depression and anxiety. Slowly, but surely I have found a way out of that, mostly through the help of my family and friends. One physical thing that helped me regain some confidence was wearing wigs. It might come out as silly in some way, but it was a really big thing for me then, and it still is to this day. I'm talking about natural wigs, not that plastic stuff you can find everywhere. Personally, I buy them from here https://newigstyle.com in case you are wishing to look into this option. I wish you all the well!

this is very sadly((