+ Reply to Thread

Default Finasteride, am I beyond help?

Hi everyone - I'm not going to lie I am actually pretty desperate. Basically, this year has been really tough, I lost my job, my wife left me and it's been a real struggle. It looks like my hair is falling out more rapidly. I have had MPB since my early 20s but as I said, this year has seen it accelerate and I think that all the stresses haven't helped. I am 35 and am just feeling like I am going to be really unattractive on the 'market'. I noticed my ex was staring at my head the other day and smirked. Yeah, it's not great.

I am trying to combat this dreadful situation by taking Finasteride (1mg) on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I won't go into why those days but it's because my research has pointed me to this. I am happy to share with you if requested. I am also taking fish oil, multivitamins containing zinc, and Biotin.

I haven't bothered checking what Norwood I am because I know it's just going to be a crap score.

I am basically here today to ask if you think I could see a positive outcome here? Have any of you seen someone with my level of hair loss come through on Fin before? Right now I can't afford a hair transplant so am just hoping Fin will work. I have been on it for 2 weeks and the photo attached was taken today (05/DEC/2020).

I am first seeing if Finasteride helps before considering Minoxidil and I have also been advised that because of the difficulty in applying Minoxidil it is best to try Fin first as if it works it is a simple treatment.

Thank you

G
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg

Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	69278