+ Reply to Thread

Default Nanogen question

Just a quick question. Am thinking about using this product as the online videos are quite seductive. My only reservation is the complete disappearance of the user's crown. I'm not convinced of the 'undetectable' claim as everyone with a proper head of hair at least has a crown.

What gives? Is there a way to apply Nanogen fibres in a way as to not give the appearance of a wig with 300 per cent density?
    Cheers
    Barry

Hi Barry. I use Toppik (very similar to Nanogen) and if you have a crown that has absolutely no hair on it - full scalp, then you will not be able to use nanogen to cover up a bald spot. Both Nanogen and Toppik require hair to bind to, not skin. If you have some hair, then you will have some luck reducing the glaring sign of your scalp (balding crown). But if you only have bald skin, nanogen will not be able to stick to it much as there is no hair for it to bind to. Good luck.

Thanks for your reply southasian. I do have (thin) hair in my crown but I don't want it to become completely black with Nanogen fibres. I was asking whether it's possible to achieve a natural looking crown using this product. All of the videos I've seen completely hides any showing of the scalp which is not the effect I'm after.

So Barry, the purpose of such concealers is two fold from my personal usage. When you sprinkle the powder, it first binds to your hair to thicken the look (and does an amazing job at that) and secondly the remaining powder falls on your scalp to basically camouflage your scalp's skin color by mimicking your hair color. I have more hair towards my front and mid center, but very little hair around my crown (advanced crowning). In my attempts to cover my crown, i haven't really been able to succeed much because i have very little hair so all i can really achieve is the camouflage effect, not hair density. I've attached a picture of my crown to maybe guide you. Hope this helps.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0571.jpg

Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	7087  

Oh, and the picture posted is with NO toppik or concealer, au natural :-)

Thanks for your reply southasian. Would be interesting for you to post a similarly posed pic but with the concealer applied. Just out of curiosity, have you ever used Nanogen? It's easier than toppik to obtain in my country.

So i've attached a picture with Toppik applied, though it surely is not in the same outside environment. You can notice i haven't applied too much on my crown. I don't use it that often, but i'll try to remember the next time i use it and will hopefully take a similar outdoor pic. I haven't used Nanogen but plan on buying a small container just for testing purposes. What country are you from? Europe?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	toppik.jpg

Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	7089  

Default Nanogen

Valid concerns. You don't want to walk into the office one day thinning and then with a gigantic new head of hair the next.

Sprinkle lightly over time so as to not freak people out. If you use too much it looks chalky anyway.