+ Reply to Thread

Default "Post Fin Syndrome" sounds scary - how does TBT not talk about this?

So I've been looking into taking Fin. There seems to be many people who take it and are fine. There also seems to be serious reports and whole forums that are dedicated to people who have had disastrous experiences with fin who are permanently and VERY seriously affected to the point where some have committed suicide.

I was looking around on www.propeciahelp.com. It seems there is overwhelming evidence that some people are really suffering crippling effects from fin after only being on it for a short period of time. If you look on http://www.propeciahelp.com/overview the second video on the page explains this apparent syndrome. (on a side note..penile shrinkage?! wtf...i mean i dont have a small penis but i certainly dont want to lose any of it!)

I know Spencer Kobren pushes this drug quite hard on his program and seems to 100% believe in it and doesnt give credit to the fact that many people are suffering these side effects. Listening to The Bald Truth I have always took him for a very honest person who presented all sides of hair loss treatments but I feel he's been very very lax and biased in reporting on the side effects of fin. I've heard him pretty much completely dismiss fin side effects, but from what I've read on forums and from videos I've seen, its hard for me to believe that whole forums of people are lying or that its all mental.

I dunno, the second video on that page above makes a lot of sense to me and I just dont get how someone like Spencer would completely dismiss something like this when it seems he scrutinizes other products so thoroughly.

Thoughts?

-Chris

I’ve been listening to Spencer Kobren for years and he’s talked about the side effects of Propecia a lot. What I always here him say is that in his many years of doing his show he has never been contacted by anyone who has irreversible side effects from Propecia. He’s mentioned these websites on his show and I’ve never heard him dismiss the possibility that some people might for some reason be affected long term. I started on Propecia after reading his book and I’m really glad that I did. For me it’s been a life saver, but I guess everyone is different.

I too have met 1000's of guys and non have had " irreversible "sides
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

The show I was referring to really, and I forget the exact title or date of the show...was when he had on a doctor who said he had done an informal peer study where he asked 17 other doctors if any of their patients had experience long term side effects from propecia and he was saying that none of those doctors had a single person reporting such things and then Spencer went on to sort of dismiss that this is happening when clearly it is.

I'd like to see Spencer have on a doctor (maybe like the one in the videos on that site) come on and talk about patients hes had who HAVE had these devastating effects.

I would expect someone like spencer, on a show like the bald truth, to be interested in doing that. Maybe dedicating part of a show to having a conversation with a doctor who has had these things reported and to have people call in who have experienced them.

I just think, from what I've seen, that Spencer's coverage of fin has been a bit biased and hasnt covered the very ugly extreme that fin can cause for some people..and i think he has a responsibility to do that

Spencer credits his success with Propecia as one of the reasons he wrote The Bald Truth, so I think he speaks more from experience then from some bias. The one thing I have always gotten from listening to Spencer Kobren is that he says nothing you do for your hair loss is without risk. He also says that if you can deal with hair loss it's better to do nothing at all. Why don't you call his show and ask him yourself? Did you call the doctor and ask him about this?

I've heard Spencer talk about these persistent side effects on his radio show. I remember him saying that everybody is different and that it might be possible that a rare percentage of men might have these sides effects, but he also said that when it comes to sex, the mind is incredibly powerful, so it's really difficult to tell.