+ Reply to Thread

Default Recommend a Dr in LA for FIN?

Hi everyone,

I frequent the Hair Loss Talk forum and found this forum and the bald truth show a couple weeks ago. First time I decided to post, as I know that this particular board seems to be very familiar with different doctors and who is good where.

History
    I'm 23, noticed that my temples were beginning to lose about 1.5 years ago. I've always had a pretty thick head of hair with lots of hair and hair that grows pretty fast so up until this point it hasnt been TOO noticeable. I definitely notice it and i'm sure people who know me are starting to be like "hhmmmmm". Anyway about 6 months ago I started with the laser comb..didnt do anything really. I have recently begun minox on my temples and crown (the crown has just begun to start losing hair). After doing some research I am interested in Finasteride as I see it being recommended a lot for young guys to halt/reverse hair loss.

Now my question:
    I live in Los Angeles, I dont know anything about doctors here. I'm looking for a doctor to go to for a consultation who is honest and reputable and cares about the people he treats, not just handing out prescriptions to make money. I know you guys here and the guys that run the bald truth show are very honest people and thats why I've come here. Someone had recommend I calle Dr. Lee but I was dissapointed calling his office because it seems like all they want to do is sell you his minoxidil products. I dont want someone like that. I'm not looking for a product salesman, I'm looking for a doctor.

Any recommendations?

I appreciate it guys, thanks

-Chris

Arrow

Paul J. McAndrews, M.D. is a Clinical Instructor of Dermatology at the USC School of Medicine and the Senior Medical Advisor of the IAHRS. He’s a true hair loss expert who will spend time examining you and discussing your concerns and treatment options. He does perform surgical hair restoration, but will not try to sell you on a hair transplant if you’re simply going in for a hair loss consultation. He’s a great guy and a true professional.

Here's his contact info:
    Paul J. McAndrews, MD
    435 N. Roxbury Dr., #204
    Beverly Hills, CA 90210
    Ph. (877) HAIR-DOC

IAHRS Profile

Welcome to the forum chrisf. I’ve heard very good things about Dr. McAndrews. It’s always good to work with a doctor when you start taking any type of medication. You’re lucky to have such a well known expert in your own back yard.
    Good luck and keep us posted on your progress!

Thanks for the tip guys I'm going to give him a call tomorrow and see whats what

I'll keep you updated