+ Reply to Thread

Default The HairDr Dewsbury UK, 4408 fue grafts 28th October 2020

Hi,
    I had my hair op a couple of days ago and I'm going to blog it over the coming months, so here goes.
    A bit of background, I started receding at 17, 36 years ago so its been a slow journey to norwood 6.
    We all have different stories and its all very personal to each one of us, but we have all ended up at the same place on this forum.
    I also feel a bit cheeky having only just started researching in June. I know a lot if you have spent years going it and I've basically ridden on the back of your hard work, so thanks for that.
    A forum like this is amazing in the amount of information and support it provides, helping us make informed choices.
    Once I realised fue was so unobtrusive I got excited and only needed the thumbs up from my long suffering wife, I had my first contact with the HairDr on a Thursday and had it booked and paid for the deposit by the following Monday, so you could say it was a whirlwind romance.
    I booked 90 days in advance as I had various work commitments to fulfill, but the days flew by.
    To anybody who is still undecided I shall say just do it ( I'm still in shock that I've done it)
    I had to have an early start to get to the clinic for 7 o'clock, so not much sleep the night before. Everyone was very welcoming and professional, the clinic was spotless and modern which filled me with confidence.
    Its always a bit nerve-wracking in the current climate only having contact via emails and video chats, which I didnt think they could tell the quality of my donor from, but because they are experienced professionals they seemed to know.
    I met with Dr Arshad and Dr Hamza to discuss what I wanted and what thy could do and had an age appropriate hairline drawn on my forehead ( I was still thinking that this wasn't really happening)
    It was a quick change and on to the start of the procedure. Dr Hamza started to inject the anesthetic to the donor area. You obviously feel the injections, but you soon go numb, you do feel a bit of pushing and pulling and that is only to be expected. I think the hardest part was the long periods of stillness you have to do. The grafts came out and no matter how you prepare beforehand its the unknown that made the whole experience for me.
    A quick bit of lunch Before the slots for the grafts were punched, though in hindsight beans for lunch may not of been the best plan. I was surprised that Dr Arshad and his team had managed to harvest 4408 follicles (which was 408 more than I paid for) and the graft count was far better than I could of hoped for as I always thought my hair was fine and flyaway.
    When Dr Arshad had punched the slots for my grafts on my recipient area he said he had some spare grafts so he lowered my hairline by 1 cm from where we had agreed upon. To say the day was getting better and better is an understatement.
    The grafts going in was the final stage and I had at least 3 girls working on me most of the time and they did rotate so as not to get to fatigued ( I have to say all the girls that worked on me throughout the day were fantastic and I'll never be able to thank them enough for their tireless efforts, which I'll hopefully see the fruits of their labour for the rest of my life) you do seem to lose track of time, but it seems to be the longest hardest part and probably took 4 hours. By the end you are ready for it to be over and you just want to see the results.
    After a change back in to your clothes its time for a chat, you are given all the meds that you need in a goody bag and all the instructions for aftercare, without the handy daily planner that you tick off after completing each task I would of been lost. Lastly you have a few photos taken and then home.
    I couldn't recommend the Hair Dr and his team enough, thoroughly professional in all aspects of the procedure from start to finish, a well oiled machine and their results speak for themselves.
    Cheers for putting up with my ramblings, if you're still awake haha.

Before and after photos
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20201027_213928.jpg

Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	69054   Click image for larger version

Name:	20201028_080243.jpg

Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	69055   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20201028-WA0001.jpg

Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	69056   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20201028-WA0006.jpg