+ Reply to Thread

Default 28 and balding (NW3V or NW4)

Hi folks. So i've been balding since early college (~18 years old) but it was very slow paced so no noticeable scalp for many years, but it became more evident once i hit age 24. My crown at that point started to thin out more than i liked, but my front hairline and mid-center was fine. Unfortunately in the last year and a half the balding has spread to the front and the crown has seriously expanded. I did employ Propecia back in 2005 for a full year but still had considerable hair loss so i stopped usage. I've included some pics below so hopefully i can get some feedback from some HT surgeons. I'm able to cover up any sign of frontal scalp detection with Toppik (amazing cosmetic results so far) but i don't bother covering up my crown that much. I'm contemplating HT soon but my biggest fear for many years has been if the HT fails, i'll be left with a big scar on the back (will not pursue FUE due to low yield) and no hair on the recipient area plus a big financial loss/burden and lastly blocking me from shaving my head clean. So i'm wondering if it is possible to have a low volume graft session of many 15-20 follicles removed via FUE from my donor area and transplanted to a very bald region of my head to see if i actually have any luck of growing transplanted hair. Is this something that any surgeons would try out? Obviously i'd pay for the full cost, but i'd rather make sure a HT would work than scar my whole head. Doing this, i'd at least be more certain that i can either go the 'shaved head' look or go the HT route. Thanks much.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0551.jpg

Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	7018   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0552.jpg

Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	7019   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0553.jpg

Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	7020   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0544.jpg

Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	7021  

Worth getting back on the meds especially if ur going to venture down the HT route. Hair loss is progressive so you need to ideally stop it prior to going into HT's.

Look into DUT as its a stronger DHT inhibitor and after say 12 months on that you might find youve bulked up or stopped loss and then you can make a more informed decision on HT surgery.

I would not recommend HT surgery if you have not got your loss under control as you need to think LONG term, not short term.
    Regards
    Spex
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Hi Spex. Thanks for your reply. I'm wondering, if Propecia didn't work for me after a full year, why would going back to a similar drug (i assume you suggest Avodart) be any better?

Regards,
    Southasian

Avodart/Dutasteride is very similar to Finasteride, the active ingredient in Propecia. They both help reduce the amount of the male hormone, DHT, in the scalp area. However, Avodart/Dutasteride inhibits the activities of two types of 5-alpha-reductase enzymes. In contrast, Propecia (Finasteride) only inhibits one type. This makes Avodart/Dutasteride a supposedly more powerful and faster-acting weapon against hair loss than Finasteride.

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Also you might want to consider Rogaine foam (minoxidil)

Graci Spex

No problemo