+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Inactive

@DBH : The problem is not about "its more complex" even hair follicles are mini organs.

But hair loss is not considered important because its cosmetically one and we all know that people have problems at all with cosmetical surgerys. All the research we hear about right now, is based on coincidences while looking for something other then a hair loss solution, face it.

And thats the reason, why we already would have something if people wuld have been fosuccing on this a few years ago.

What this lauster guy from germany got, could be a reality for a longer time, if they had focus on it.

You really wanna know why right now there is a tidal wave of good for us research? Because in the end, the solution to our problem will be such an easy one, that almost every quack could cash in and thats a sad fact.

Oh and we should thank the inventors of FUE, because their idea laid down on significant step towards a solution because FUE did get closer to the main deal here.

Then its not about transplanting a HAIR (which is dead material anyway) you have to transplant the stem cell enriched tissue which "nutricioned" the hair to grow further in regards of ignoring DHT.

You could pluck out a hair completely, then extract the stem cell enriched tissue without the visible hair and you would get another hair a few weeks later.

And thats a reason why strangely a lot of surgeons go with the regenerative route, because also they know that in the long run, everyone will be aware of regenerative stuff (not even Acell in particulare) and they know it will run em out of business really quick.

Just assume the world 5 years ago in those message boards here. A lot of surgeons were saying "Hair multiplication is BS and wont work for the next 50 years or more" and what is in 2011? Those exactly surgeons are experimenting and investigating this stuff and also speak with patients for their ideas.

Its a sign of Damage control so that patients will forget what those docs said a few years ago

The good thing is that technological evolution is far faster than genetic evolution and we can control it and make it work for us. Things are going to be massively different in 20 years. Could you imagine bringing an iphone back to 1991!

The thing about regenerative medicine and these bladders and kidneys is that they have been working on the technology at the Wake Forest Institute of Regenerative Medicine since the beginning of the 90s. Needless to say they started on those organs long before hair follicles and it has taken the best part of 20 years to get there.

Inactive

Yeah and luckily all those findings can be used for other fields to a certain degree.

iPhone back in 1991? No way i would never imagined to get an Xbo or Playstation with Full HD in 1991

You're right with regards to the X-box and I-Phone and all of these technological gadgets. Same goes for computers and the internet. However, these innovations have not translated over to the medical world, or at least not outside the confines of a lab testing on mice and rabbits. It's astounding how far we have come in terms of technological gadgets and computerized systems. Sometimes I wish that we would employ these computer programmers and technological inventors to cure diseases. If the medical world could even move 5% as fast as the technological world, then we would have had a cure for hair loss a long time ago. The technological world has invented countless things and had ridiculous exponential growth in leaps and bounds while the medical world (and especially hair loss scientists) have been gaining 'insight', 'clues', and 'alternate interpretations' while testing on mice for the past 20 years. I mean, just think about it: growing hair just pales in comparison in terms of difficulty when compared to the technology behind constructing a computer, building a functioning I-Phone or mp3 player.

Default My thoughts....

Thank you to 'The Jack' and 'Depressed By Hairloss' for starting up this thread. I have tried to start similar threads like this on ************ but always get shot down by people with the same arguments based on airy fairy ideas that humans are great, and people with money don't seek more profits, and wouldn't dream of selling out at the expense of others.

I love the human race and have high hopes for us but the fact is.... CAPITALISM is a machine which drives society to continue to protect profits and squash competition. 'The Jack' and 'Depressed By Hairloss' have done well in explaining all the arguments so I don't feel like I really need to add anything.

EXCEPT - what can we do? What is a solution? Capitalism sure isn't interested. The only chance we have is if some rogue scientist finds a cure and somehow slips through the cracks of the medical mafia and begin administering society overnight.

Maybe we can start an independent fund for hairloss research and basically approach certain companies doing the research to Apply for our funding based on a voting system?

ONE IMPORTANT POINT WHICH ALWAYS MAKES ME THINK..... Since when do cures for diseases or actual remedys for issues appear overnight therefore crippling a billion dollar industry which was made redundant by the new discovery? Never.... For example... What ever happened to those cars that ran on purely air or water? Oh yeah, overnight the motor industry would be toppled. That would never be allowed would it?

Cheers,

Sam

Inactive

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by sammo View Post
    Since when do cures for diseases or actual remedys for issues appear overnight therefore crippling a billion dollar industry which was made redundant by the new discovery? Never....
    Really? A lot of people made a lot of money treating polio victims before the polio vaccine was developed and released in the 1950s.

For example... What ever happened to those cars that ran on purely air or water?
    Nobody has yet developed an economically viable automobile that "runs on purely air or water."

Oh yeah, overnight the motor industry would be toppled. That would never be allowed would it?
    Why would the "motor industry be toppled" just because a viable alternative fuel source was developed? That claim makes no sense -- if cars could be powered by water, people would stop buying them?