+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Will Drugs During/After Operation Cause Side Effects?

I'm thinking about getting hair transplants. But, I got 3 questions:

1) What drugs would the doc give/inject me with in a hair transplant operation?

2) Will I be prescribed drugs after the operation?

3) Do any of these drugs cause sexual impotence of any kind?

Just to let you know, I WILL NOT undergo any hair transplant operation that involves drugs/medication that may cause sexual impotence.

1) Mild tranquilizer
    2) Pain Killers / sleeping pills
    3) No

Why not ask the specific doctor >

You should probably take some time to read through the forum to learn more about hair transplants and the hair loss process before you jump into having a hair transplant.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston View Post
    You should probably take some time to read through the forum to learn more about hair transplants and the hair loss process before you jump into having a hair transplant.
    I have taken time into reading thru the forum. I mean, how much more info is there about a HT that we havent heard of before? And how is my question about medication during surgery prompting so much hesitation? I dont get it.

Quote Originally Posted by taurusrisen View Post
    I have taken time into reading thru the forum. I mean, how much more info is there about a HT that we havent heard of before? And how is my question about medication during surgery prompting so much hesitation? I dont get it.
    I think most people who consider a hair transplant are excited to get their hair back. There's so much more to it then just having the surgery and waiting for your hair to grow back. What about future hair loss? What if you lose some hair after the surgery? Are you willing to go on Propecia for instance to try to save the hair that you still have. These are all important questions people need to ask themselves before having surgery.

I think most people who consider a hair transplant are excited to get their hair back. There's so much more to it then just having the surgery and waiting for your hair to grow back. What about future hair loss? What if you lose some hair after the surgery? Are you willing to go on Propecia for instance to try to save the hair that you still have. These are all important questions people need to ask themselves before having surgery.
    Hi, winston. Are you suggesting that the surgery itself may cause hair loss? And to answer your question, I will never ever use propecia. I dont need it and besides, the side effects are very nasty and permanent. So, no dice for propecia, thank god.

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE52 View Post
    1) Mild tranquilizer
    2) Pain Killers / sleeping pills
    3) No

Why not ask the specific doctor >
    Thanks for the info, Dave... and just to let everyone here know again, i will not use propecia ever in my life.. I've heard about and read enough horror stories to deter me from ever using the drug. There are even blogs and websites specifically about propecia's nasty sexual side effects. And the users on those forums continue to suffer from it.

Quote Originally Posted by taurusrisen View Post
    Hi, winston. Are you suggesting that the surgery itself may cause hair loss? And to answer your question, I will never ever use propecia. I dont need it and besides, the side effects are very nasty and permanent. So, no dice for propecia, thank god.
    That’s exactly what I’m suggesting. It can happen and without taking protective measures like getting on Propecia, having a hair transplant is more of a risk. This is not to say that you can not get a good outcome, without Propecia, but I think most doctors and hair transplant veterans would suggest it.

That’s exactly what I’m suggesting. It can happen and without taking protective measures like getting on Propecia, having a hair transplant is more of a risk. This is not to say that you can not get a good outcome, without Propecia, but I think most doctors and hair transplant veterans would suggest it.
    Winston, you're right on the money. I don’t think this guy is interested in the facts. He thinks he has it all figured out. There are some people you just can’t help. I hope everything works out for him.

This is the first time that I hear about a hair transplant causing hair loss. That sounds counter intuitive. With all due respect, I dont believe that one can lose hair from a hair transplant. How can you lose something that youre gaining more of? And again, I really dont care what doctors suggest taking it, i wont take propecia ever. Thats my deciskion and it wont ever change. Thanks for the reply, though.