+ Reply to Thread

Default what does this mean?

I noticed despite my hair growth in the past month and a half, the hair that falls out are between 2-3cm, but the hairs on my scalp (if I were to pull one out) are roughly 6-7cm long and also allot thicker.

Most of the Hairs that fall out aren't thin by no means, but are thinner than hairs that don't fall out naturally (the few I pulled out) and the hairs that fall out I noticed have a small ball at the end that looks kinda like a root, but very small/round.

Are the hairs just becoming thinner and falling out because of DHT?
    Is this how hair looks when it falls out?
    Please forgive the ignorance, but I never really noticed or paid attention till now that my hair isn't as dense and the texture has changed...

I would really like a response or second opinion about this please...
    After doing some research I found that I might have telogen effluvium. Its consistent with the small bulb at the end of the hair, but I'm not sure about the hairs being smaller than the other hairs or about them being slightly thinner?

TE and male pattern baldness go hand in hand for most people. Some people who have MPB do not go through significant sheds and just slowly progress, but many people have a combination of significant shedding and pattern progression. Some people see more of a whitish bulb on the ends of the shed hair and other people even see a darkish colored bit of skin on the end.