+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hair Greed

Default Hair Greed

Hair greed! - Hair greed is a killer, so be aware of it and its ability to creep up on you!! We all want more hair - Hair is like money you always want more! Everyone I meet with I tell them straight out that regardless of the size session you have its inevitable you will WANT more - You will not necessarily need it but you will WANT it - Nature of the hairy beast

Its important that guys and girls realise that HT's are a commitment LONG TERM and you must realise that you will always want to refine your hair and wish it were thicker/fuller/denser etc.. - This is the nature of hair - No one just gets one HT (Unless very small requirements initially) Ht's are not a quick fix - you need to consider the long term commitment and the FACT you will want more. Many clinics will tell you it can all be done in one session - that is straight out BS, ( a lot of the time) so be aware and have REALISTIC expectations and goals!

Be aware that your goals will in time change as well which contribute greatly to hair greed. You initially only want a conservative session and once its grown in you wish you'd had more and you will want more - Hair greed!

If i had a £ for every time a patient had said - " I only intend to have the 1 session and that will be me done" - i would be rolling in it

The more you have the more you will want especially once you have seen the results of good work initially (Doc dependant). I personally needed to have more work due to unsatisfactory results initially - (i still want more though even now) -Many guys now have the use of these forums to find a top doc straight off the bat - which in turn allows you to plan more effectively long term with them to guide and facilitate "Hair greed" much better - Donor management is VITAL!

The vast majority embark out with every intention to just have one session as only want a conservative change to their appearance but once the effects of HT no.1 come in - They want more!!!!! Hair greed - it gets us all so be aware and think/plan long term

Regards
    spex
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

This leads into a previous post i made : Growth and Number of sessions

I get asked this questions all the time - "Will i only need one session?" ..."as thats all i want!"

The answer to this is more than likely NO - Its very rare indeed that any patient only has one session unless they have a very small amount of loss - or limited donor supply, then you potentially aren't a viable HT candidate unfortunately.

Even if your hair loss is absolutely stable and doesn't progress any further the chances are your first session will be the foundation for a potential second session to top up/refine/add density/close angles/ work further back ..etc - regardless of technique used. Hair is like money you always want more - You will always want to make it better, we ALL do!

Top Dr's will endeavour to achieve the appropriate no. / highest number of grafts possible (safely) without jeopardising you in order to create as much coverage/density as possible in one session where warranted - whilst maintaining your donor area/further supply's integrity.

The initial session will come in so slowly and gradually that you become so used to it that it becomes the normal and YOU will not necessarily notice the change bang on month 3! - The realisation takes time!! It is only until you compare pre op pics that you actually realise how far you have come and have a glimpse at what your situation actally was.

You will scrutinise your results constantly, inspecting it every chance you get - and feel that you will always want more hair - Even at month 5/6/7 patients are planning their 2nd session but my advice is WAIT and allow for the first session to reach its max potential

It doesn't matter how many times i say it to people or write it they still feel that their growth has stopped at month 4/5/6...... then come month 10/11/12 they say - wow you were right.. I did get more.

Growth doesn't stop for many many months - it can take upto 18 months to reach the max potential from your HT so why guys are convinced after 5 months their growth has stopped is just beyond me
    If you have received your HT from one of the reputable clinics around today then your growth will continue upto a year along with a great deal of maturing.

Many Dr's have commented on time scales for growth and established posters as well who have all been through the HT process and they all agree that you need to assess your HT at at least the 1 year mark in terms of reaching full growth.

You the HT recipient will not see the growth just occur - it takes months for the realisation to kick in. It is important to take pictures at monthly intervals to clearly see the progression.

Its important that guys realise that HT's are a commitment long term and you must realise that you will always want to refine your hair and wish it were thicker/fuller/denser - This is the nature of hair.

Hair greed Be aware!

Grow well everyone!!!!

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

While SPEXis right about hair greed striking all of us, I actually think it is a positive reaction to a positive HT experience. If your HT turns out favorably, you naturally want more....as long as your donor allows, why not go for it?Lets compare it to a drink. One might be nice, but two...or three might just be better. Now everything in moderation, but why not more of a good thing? Its only when it gets out of hand that is a problem. So hair greed is not bad per se as long as you have the right attitude and perspective.

The scary thing is once you start the battle of hair transplants there is no turning back!

While SPEXis right about hair greed striking all of us, I actually think it is a positive reaction to a positive HT experience. If your HT turns out favorably, you naturally want more....as long as your donor allows, why not go for it?Lets compare it to a drink. One might be nice, but two...or three might just be better. Now everything in moderation, but why not more of a good thing? Its only when it gets out of hand that is a problem. So hair greed is not bad per se as long as you have the right attitude and perspective.
    Excellent point. Remind me have we met , your user name is familiar.