+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 32 and Balding

Default 32 and Balding

I've had a good run and had a full head of hair till up to 29, now I'm balding badly. The worst of it is when bright light shines on my head I can see right through to my scalp! Its annoying as i have a really long face and i tried shaving my head and i look like something from the Adams family!

Now I've managed to be a little less self aware by using Nanogen which has helped me to cover it up! Should I try to use rogaine? I'm active in the gym and would prefer to stay away from propecia as my doctor said it could have implications in fertility.

My question is should i start on rogaine? I've surfed the internet and cannot see any positive results or comparisons?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg

Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	6925  

Wow your in the same situation as me..I've been on propecia for 3 yrs without much benefit. This year was the worst ever...Even the last couple months!

The assertion your doctor made that propecia affects fertility is an interesting one. It is well known that infertility is a possible side effect of 5-alpha-reductase deficiency (5ARD), which is a disease characterised by an inability to create DHT. DHT causes hairloss, so this means individuals with this disease do not lose their hair. As such, they are good biological models of propecia users.

However, there is a key difference between a propecia user, and an individual with 5ARD. A propecia user would have not grown up using propecia. As such, their seminal vesicles and prostate will develop normally. As adults using propecia, their seminal vesicles and prostate will be affected slightly, but some adults with 5ard do not have a chance do develop a normal prostate and seminal vesicles. This is what causes infertility for them.

So, its pretty unlikely that propecia will cause infertility. But if you want to keep your hair, and your still concerned about your fertility, you could always consider freezing a deposit at an IVF clinic

Here in the UK they only have one patient who uses Propecia (I guess they all buy it on the internet) in my surgery and the Doctor said it would really play around with the male sex hormones.

So far i seem to be able to feel good and cover up using Nanogen. I'm tempted to start with rogaine and move onto propecia (I fear the breasts and loss of testosterone)

Attached Nanogen photo for anyone thinking of using it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg

Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	6926  

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar

I have had many patients over the years that had been taking Propecia for several years and were able to have healthy children during that process. That should not be the only reason you do not give it a try to slow down the hair loss.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

Well at least you hit your thirties, people always complemented my ridiculously thick hair, and how i'm lucky.... then i turned 21 LOL! went south from there. I'm 24 now, pulled out the buzzer, grabbed a razor, and put the rest behind me.

At this point i wish i was completely bald already because i have to shave like everyday to keep a nice smooth noggin HAHA!

Your GP like most obviously knows very little about Propecia with all due respect to him/her. Not many do unfortunately and its a common issue.

Speak to Dr Ashcroft in the UK

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthr...light=ashcroft

A great guy and i vouch for him 100%

I have been getting my meds from him for over 10 years. i have been consistently taking 1 mg proscar during this time and at our FIRST attempt to have a baby my wife and i had TWINS (boy, girl) most uncommon combo due to HIGH fertility so kind of rains on the infertility fear mungers
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar

I agree Spex that most GP's are totally uneducated when it comes to hair loss. Instead of just admitting that they are not well versed in this area of medicine and send the patient to a doctor who is they feed the patient a bunch of Bull____. Excuse my French. Hey I have twins too (identical).
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

I agree Spex that most GP's are totally uneducated when it comes to hair loss. Instead of just admitting that they are not well versed in this area of medicine and send the patient to a doctor who is they feed the patient a bunch of Bull____. Excuse my French. Hey I have twins too (identical).
    I concur Doc.

Twins hey! We clearly have the minerals
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

I'm still pretty open to Propecia and will consider it.

At present I'm just eating healthy, taking vitamins and exercising regularly.

I'm purchased a few bottles of rogaine at 2% and have thought of starting with that, though I've read about the mass shedding which sometimes never returns...my hair doesnt seem to be getting much worse and I'm happy to cover it with Nanogen for now...It's amazinng how relaxed i feel when a big light is shinning and i can no longer see a bald spot!