6 years on RU & dut - time for CB & fin? - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread

Default 6 years on RU & dut - time for CB & fin?

Hi all,

I’ve been using 0.5mg dutasteride and 80mg RU daily since May 2014. In October 2014, I added 15% compounded minoxidil daily*. I was previously using 5% minoxidil + finasteride, without much success.

I initially experienced heart palpitations, shortness of breath, brain fog, tender nips, mood swings, and fatigue. Over time, these sides have largely disappeared, which I attribute to four factors:
    Beginning to exercise regularly
    Use of nootropics
    Body adjusting to the regime
    Switching from 100mg RU to 80mg after a few months

At present, the only sides that I regularly experience are:
    Irritated eyes
    Bags under eyes
    Shedding twice a year, in autumn and spring

My libido was not high before I started this regime and hasn’t been affected in the long-term, although I don’t get ‘morning wood’ anymore. Some of the sides return if I apply RU or minoxidil too soon after derma rolling (1.5mm, monthly).

One further observation I will make is that, over the years, I’ve increasingly suffered from chest pain whilst sleeping, although this could be acid reflux (from taking dutasteride immediately before sleeping?), or a result of too much stress and/or partying and/or nicotine and/or use of sildenafil...

I was 20 when I started this regime and it has had the desired effect; hair density has remained thick and has improved around the crown. Further receding at the temples has been minimal (and can probably be attributed to stress anyway).

Despite this, I’m now 26 and growing increasingly uncomfortable about using such a hardcore regime. The lack of clarity around the long-term effects of RU use is particularly concerning. When I’m unable to exercise regularly, I return to feeling fatigued and groggy. Likewise, my cognitive function seems to dip considerably without use of nootropics. I have found the aforementioned sides to be manageable; this doesn’t mean the regime is advisable or safe.

I’d be interested to hear other peoples' experiences of similar regimes.

I’m seriously considering switching from dutasteride to finasteride, and from RU to CB. I wonder if anyone has followed a similar path?

Cheers.

*Minoxidil 15%, azelaic acid 1.5%, finasteride 0.1%, retinoic acid 0.025%, progesterone 0.25%, hydrocortisone 0.1%, biotin 3%

Default thank

I think you should get opinions from good experts! hole io

Quote Originally Posted by Plan C View Post
    Hi all,

I’ve been using 0.5mg dutasteride and 80mg RU daily since May 2014. In October 2014, I added 15% compounded minoxidil daily*. I was previously using 5% minoxidil + finasteride, without much success.

I initially experienced heart palpitations, shortness of breath, brain fog, tender nips, mood swings, and fatigue. Over time, these sides have largely disappeared, which I attribute to four factors:
    Beginning to exercise regularly
    Use of nootropics
    Body adjusting to the regime
    Switching from 100mg RU to 80mg after a few months

At present, the only sides that I regularly experience are:
    Irritated eyes
    Bags under eyes
    Shedding twice a year, in autumn and spring

My libido was not high before I started this regime and hasn’t been affected in the long-term, although I don’t get ‘morning wood’ anymore. Some of the sides return if I apply RU or minoxidil too soon after derma rolling (1.5mm, monthly).

One further observation I will make is that, over the years, I’ve increasingly suffered from chest pain whilst sleeping, although this could be acid reflux (from taking dutasteride immediately before sleeping?), or a result of too much stress and/or partying and/or nicotine and/or use of sildenafil...

I was 20 when I started this regime and it has had the desired effect; hair density has remained thick and has improved around the crown. Further receding at the temples has been minimal (and can probably be attributed to stress anyway).

Despite this, I’m now 26 and growing increasingly uncomfortable about using such a hardcore regime. The lack of clarity around the long-term effects of RU use is particularly concerning. When I’m unable to exercise regularly, I return to feeling fatigued and groggy. Likewise, my cognitive function seems to dip considerably without use of nootropics. I have found the aforementioned sides to be manageable; this doesn’t mean the regime is advisable or safe.

I’d be interested to hear other peoples' experiences of similar regimes.

I’m seriously considering switching from dutasteride to finasteride, and from RU to CB. I wonder if anyone has followed a similar path?

Cheers.

*Minoxidil 15%, azelaic acid 1.5%, finasteride 0.1%, retinoic acid 0.025%, progesterone 0.25%, hydrocortisone 0.1%, biotin 3%
    I stopped finasteride and switched to topical dutasteride. Side effects gone. Hair much better

I will be adding CB as well when I can find a reputable seller. Kane's is unfortunately only 47% pure or half fake.