Threaded View

Default 2900 FUT by Dr. Scott Alexander

Hello there folks - long time lurker in this forum. I finally decided to go in for my procedure this week. I chose Dr. Scott Alexander in Phoneix for my procedure. I had consulted with a few other doctors as well, and all of them gave me pretty much the same recommendations (except one):

1. Dr. Blake Bloxham - 2500 - 3000 FUT
    2. Dr. Jae Pak - 2000 - 2500 FUT
    3. Dr. Sahar Nadimi(Konior) - 2500 - 3000 FUT
    4. Dr. Shaver (Bernstein) - 2500 FUT
    5. Dr. Hasson - 5000 FUE
    6. Dr. Alexaner 3000+FUT

I also tried contacting Dr. Gabel a couple of times, but didn't get a response.

I decided to go in with Dr. Alexander because of his excellent results that look extremely natural. Also, he was closer to me than the others (I live in NorCal)

I am not going to bore you all with the details of my history - but just a quick background - Norwood 5A, Age 28 and been on Fin for past 1.5 years.

I initially had a FaceTime consult with Dr. Alexander where he examined my hair and answered any questions I had. He recommended a 3000+ FUT as a first procedure to address the hairline and frontal scalp. And another 3000+ FUT after a year for the crown area.

I booked a procedure date with him for Sept 10th. Since he had not physically seen me before, I was asked to come in the day before my procedure. He examined my donor and drew the hairline he thought would look good. I liked the design. I was out in about 20 minutes.

The next day I was asked to be in the clinic at 7.30 AM. I was kinda nervous in the beginning. I had to sign some paperwork and they offered me a Xanax (which I refused). I then went in to meet Dr. Alexander. He started by drawing the hairline again. A few changes and we were ready to start.

I was numbed at the back and he started to cut out the strip. This took about an hour. I was told I have thick skin. LOL (turns out my Mom was right all these years)
    Dr. Alexander then started stitching me up. He uses two layers of stitches. This procedure took about 1.5 hours. In the meantime, his techs started dissecting the strip in the next room. I was also asked for my choice of lunch.
    Next, I was numbed up in the front. Dr. then started making the incisions into which he would place the grafts. He told me he wanted to concentrate and not to talk to him. I selected a movie, and let him do his work. This took about 2-3 hours.
    I then had a quick lunch and went back into the procedure room. The techs then started placin the grafts into my head. Dr. Alexander only came in to numb me up when needed. The techs took turns working on me (about 4 of them in total, 2 of them planting hairs at one time). This took about 3.5 hours. I finally finished around 5.40 PM.

A couple of tips for others looking to have a HT soon:

1. Eat well the morning of your procedure. I usually do not eat breakfast. But since this was a big day, I had a light breakfast (I couldnt eat well because I'm not used to it and I was nervous). Even though you are sitting the whole day, you get exhausted. Also its good to eat well as you will be medicated. So make sure you have a good breakfast.
    2. A neck pillow is a lifesaver for the first few nights after the procedure. It prevents your implanted area from rubbing against the bed/pillow and gives you good neck support.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3144.jpg

Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	68530Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3111.jpg

Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	68531Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3166.jpg

Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	68532Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3169.jpg

Size:	83.1 KB