+ Reply to Thread

Post 17yr old, Thin hair, Receding hairline. Will "keeps" work?

Hey, as the title says, I'm a 17yr old with thin, receding hair. My family has a history of baldness with my Dad going bald at 22. I'm making this post and reaching out about a product I see online a lot named Keeps. I've seen it promoted by many YouTubers and social media influencers alike, and have been thinking of purchasing something to make a commitment to taking care of my hair. I just want to hear from a community what its thoughts on it are or any other recommended hair care. Thanks!

Hey,

Sorry to hear you are losing your hair Zhein03 , especially at 17. Such a ****ed up thing to have to deal with.

Since you are losing hair at such a young age and have a father who went bald at 22 it's quite likely that you have inherited aggressive hair loss genes. The product Keeps are offering works for around 80% of people and can for many help halt or slow the progression of your hair loss. That said, with very aggressive hair loss genes you may find that your genes are simply too strong to halt your hair loss for the longterm. If you look good with a shaved head and can cope with losing your hair at a young age then that will always be your best option.

I tried a similar product in my late 20's and I still take it today (now 35) and I have managed to maintain almost all of the hair I had when I started. If you do try Keeps then be aware you may suffer a shed early on, this is normal and it usually grows back in thicker.

Whatever you decide I wish you the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhein03 View Post
    Hey, as the title says, I'm a 17yr old with thin, receding hair. My family has a history of baldness with my Dad going bald at 22. I'm making this post and reaching out about a product I see online a lot named Keeps. I've seen it promoted by many YouTubers and social media influencers alike, and have been thinking of purchasing something to make a commitment to taking care of my hair. I just want to hear from a community what its thoughts on it are or any other recommended hair care. Thanks!
    Hey what’s the product? The recommended products are the BIG3.

Finasteride
    Minoxidil
    Ketaconazole shampoo

I use Minoxidil and Finasteride compounded into a lotion and apply on my head, easier than taking a pill.

Your young so 5% Minoxidil would be best, see the thread posted:

https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...%21?highlight=

I''m not sure Minoxidil is the best advice actually but everyone has different opinions so who knows. W

Why don't you ring in to the Bald Truth Radio show and speak to Spencer, he's sure to give you some time and solid advice.

Best,

Have you got some pictures of your current hair loss?