+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Why Bald Men are Unsuccessful

I don't think I've explained this properly before and my view has therefore attracted derision. The obvious argument is that there are bald men who are successful and therefore the argument that being bald impedes success must necessarily be incorrect. Well, actually, it depends how you measure success.

The rule of thumb others seem to use fails to consider a number of factors which must be taken into account. These include hard work, effort, personality and raw ability. Indeed, many just list what I call the 'three meat heads' and unless you want to become a retarded action 'hero' provide no examples of successful bald men for inspiration. The few who see past this see rich bald men with good looking women and think 'aha, it is possible.'

I don't think success should be measured in such a simplistic linear fashion. For a start, the successful bald man could have become successful before he began to lose his hair; therefore, a question mark has to be placed over anyone over the age of 30 who is a success as to whether they are a valid statistic.

However, the main focus should be on the question as to whether a man's combination of abilities and hard work deliver the success he deserves. My measure of success begins with the assertion that society should strive to get as close to this formula as possible:

Effort + Hard Work + Ability = Success

A successful person is one who can say their personal formula is this:

Success > Effort + Hard Work + Ability

Many celebrities, for example, will often be more successful than their discernable talent suggests they should be. In the UK, any idiot can go on reality TV and become a star with no hard work whatsoever. Of course, the unsuccessful formula is:

Effort + Hard Work + Ability > Success

My argument is that for all the effort, hard work and ability put in by a bald man, they'll never receive the level of success they deserve. The same is true for other people who also suffer physical deficiencies, such as being short, having really bad skin or missing half their teeth!

So, you might know a bald man who is a senior manager in a successful company. He looks like a success. However, his CEO might be less talented or qualified than he is and could well have not had to work as hard to get where they are. Or perhaps compare Patrick Stewart, a brilliant actor, with the mediocre George Clooney. Politics is a good place to see this lack of success; William Hague is far less vacuous than David Cameron, but his lack of hair dictates he's reached his peak.

On a wider scale, I would argue that most bald men put more effort and hard work with less reward than those with hair because bald men are perceived as less intelligent and less inspiring. And that's our reality, like it or not.

First you say bald men are not attractive to women......then you say that there are not many successfull bald businessmen. When you lose both arguments, you try and move the goalposts.
    All i see is a rambling post about nothing..... sorry.

I'm not sure if I agree with your calculations;however, I do agree that we do not live in a meritocracy. I am a fatalist and realize that many things in this world are out of my control. I see many people who are lazy/talentless/spoon fed/unprofessional morons who make good money. When I began balding at 17, I realized that things were not necessarily going to go as planned. I fully realize that my life may be affected in the workplace by my lack of hair;however, that's not my primary concern. My main issue is how hairloss affects my looks, and the fact that I don't ****ing recognize myself when I look in the mirror. My goal was never to become a CEO of a fortune 500. The only way to make big money is to start up your own business, such as a website; the other option is investing.

Many people cite examples of famous and rich bald men with attractive wives;that is pointless because, if you are rich/famous you can look like a rat's rectum and get a woman. Hollywood is a small reality.

There is a clip I saw(I think on Youtube)of Patrick Stewart on a talkshow discussing how traumatized he was when he began losing his hair. I really don't think acting requires any talent so George Clooney becoming successful is no big surprise or worry to me.

As bald men, we were ****ed by our genes;simple as that. I don't believe that I will ever have children because, among other reasons, I do not want to pass on my(let's go bald at 17)genes;personally, that would probably be irresponsible. Then again, maybe there will be a more affective remedy down the road;however, I'm not banking on it. I began balding before Finasteride was available and there's no guarantee that it would have worked for me. Bald men will always be discriminated against and there's nothing that will mitigate the effects of that; all you can do is refine your talents and make your own path.

Or, rather, you can't comprehend the argument. It's not my fault you're being as stupid as your baldness makes you look!

If you want to refute my argument, name me one bald man who reached the top of a profession which depended at some point on being promoted by others. I can name a few sportsmen, but that's purely based on talent which can't be prevented by others and doesn't count.

First you say bald men are not attractive to women......then you say that there are not many successfull bald businessmen. When you lose both arguments, you try and move the goalposts.
    All i see is a rambling post about nothing..... sorry.

And by bald, I mean only among those of us who were so ****ed up by our genes that we lost our hair as soon as we left school (or even sooner than that). I don't want to know about someone who went bald at 50, that's completely different.

I don't think William Hague's relative lack of success compared to David Cameron can be boiled down to his hair. There will be many factors at work, not least of all the timing. Cameron happened to be leader of his party at a time when their winning the election was an almost certainty. In fact I'd argue that if a more genuine conservative such as Hague were leader, the party might have been perceived as a more credible alternative to Labour and gained a clear majority.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

No, what would have happened is the youthful looking Clegg would have won more votes, the Tories less and we'd have ended up with a Labour/Lib Dem coalition. I'm sure of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fixed by 35 View Post
    Or, rather, you can't comprehend the argument. It's not my fault you're being as stupid as your baldness makes you look!

If you want to refute my argument, name me one bald man who reached the top of a profession which depended at some point on being promoted by others. I can name a few sportsmen, but that's purely based on talent which can't be prevented by others and doesn't count.
    I think its you who is looking rather stupid here.
    When a bald footballer gets transferred to a bigger club..... thats the equivalent of being promoted. No different from when a bald banker is promoted..... its still to do with his talent at what he does.
    So basically... every famous bald man has got where he is through being promoted by others. Whether its a film star spotted by a big movie producer to be in his next film or a baseball player being poached by bigger club... they have all been promoted in some shape or form.

You also say that a bald mans talent can not be prevented by others.......... yet you said you were much better in your old job than your colleagues with full heads of hair, and yet didnt get promoted! So which is it 'fixed'?? Has your argument fallen flat on its face again?.......or were you just not as talented as them which is why you never got the promotion??

Fixed by 35 is just very very full of resintment and very lonley by my guess. Maybe there are not many celebs, but there are tons of middle and upper income class people that are bald and sucessfull. And really I think that is what the majority of people are just hoping to be. Maybe he had hopes of being a musician or actor and never got a shot. I don't know, but I started loosing my hair when I was 20 and have been shaving my head with a razor since I was 22. I am now in charge of collections at my job, and been accepted into pta school over applicants who oh my god.....Had Hair!! I am 23 and bald, but life goes on and I admit that I would like to have my hair back. But if I cant, I will not sit around all day making post about that all bald men should just take a hot lead injection to the face.