+ Reply to Thread

Default New Guy, using Revivogen/Low level laser w/pics

Hey Guys,

I'm 28, been receding slowly since I was about 24. Only got noticeable in the last year. It has made my forehead look out of proportion to my face. Anyhow I tried Provillus last year. Bought a year supply but never got through the first bottle. It just didn't agree with me at all. Kept me up at night and made me fell anxious.

I wanted an option that would not involve putting anything into my system. I'm from the Toronto area and found a laser clinic that combines the Low level laser and the Revivogen system(scalp treatment and shampoo/conditioner). I've been on in since August 1st and it seems to have slowed my Hair loss a bit and the rest of my hair that wasn't falling out seems healthier/thicker but the hair that is miniaturizing at my temples still hasn't improved. Has anyone else had any success with the Revivogen system or Laser treatment, read alot on the internet that it is just a scam but that can be said for almost all the products.

Anyhow here are some pics I took tonight (oct. 4) I'm roughly two months in and will show more pics after four months and six months.

Also by my Hairline, color, texture/density could anyone say if I would be a good candate for a hair transplant?

Thanks guy I have been feeling a little down lately and look forward to your comments!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	LLLaser 033.jpg

Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	6828   Click image for larger version

Name:	LLLaser 035.jpg

Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	6829   Click image for larger version

Name:	LLLaser 037.jpg

Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	6830   Click image for larger version

Name:	LLLaser 039.jpg

Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	6831   Click image for larger version

Name:	LLLaser 038.jpg

Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	6832  

I don't believe in or think Low Level Laser Therapy works, at all.

I am very, very sure your current regimen is nowhere near enough to stop hair loss.

I suggest you get on finasteride, asap. Nothing else really works. But if you really don't want to and you have thorougly educated yourself then I suggest trying some sort of topical antiandrogen like spironolactone/fluridil.

I have both, I use them on my hair line. I am somewhat more paranoid than the average guy so I use a lot of things. Spiro lotion and Fluridil both apply really easily.

Finasteride is by far your best option. It's probably much safer than you think and it's much cheaper than other things.

Also, definitely start using a shampoo with ketoconazole. Nizoral has that ingredient and minoxidil.com sells a shampoo with it also.

Your wrong about trying to make yourself feel better about using LLLT by saying "...read alot on the internet that it is just a scam but that can be said for almost all the products."

Thats wrong. LLLT doesn't have any of the very impressive studies the other products have. It doesn't have any of the support from members of forums/bulletin boards online. No one has success with that garbage, no one. A lot of people actually complain about being ripped off and scammed. It's definitely a waste of money.

There definitely are things that work though. You won't get all your hair back but you can almost surely stop the hair loss and perhaps get decent growth. You can try minoxidil to get some extra growth, it has worked fairly well for me.

Default Thanks for replying

Is Finasteride the same as Propecia? I am really starting to wonder about laser treatment the more I research it on this site. Seems like almost every one pretty much says that Propecia and minoxidil is the way to go.

Any Ideas where I can get the stuff in Canada.

I also have a major concern with Propecia. I have just started to work out again after having to take a long break due to shoulder surgery. What will Propecia do to my hormones in response to putting on muscle. I've loss a lot over the last couple of months and would like to get back into shape.

So I guess my question would be. First off how does Propecia affect muscle growth and secondly will putting on muscle mass purely naturally (I just eat alot and take protein) speed up my hair loss?

One last question, I would be happy just to get keep my current hair as long a I got the miniaturizing hair back to a healthy stage. Should I take any for of minoxidil, if I just want to thicken up miniaturizing hairs and not regrow all ones??

Thanks for taking he time guys

Quote Originally Posted by mack_435 View Post
    Is Finasteride the same as Propecia?

'Yes they are both the same thing. I would go with just Propecia to start with to see if that works first.'

I am really starting to wonder about laser treatment the more I research it on this site. Seems like almost every one pretty much says that Propecia and minoxidil is the way to go.

Any Ideas where I can get the stuff in Canada.

'Your GP/Doctor can prescribe you Propecia'

I also have a major concern with Propecia. I have just started to work out again after having to take a long break due to shoulder surgery. What will Propecia do to my hormones in response to putting on muscle. I've loss a lot over the last couple of months and would like to get back into shape.

'Propecia alone will not cause you any problems with weight lifting but weight lifting itself has been know to to increase Testosterone by upto 30% which then changes to DHT thus causing more hair loss.' Best form of exercise suggested has been running/jogging.'

So I guess my question would be. First off how does Propecia affect muscle growth and secondly will putting on muscle mass purely naturally (I just eat alot and take protein) speed up my hair loss?

One last question, I would be happy just to get keep my current hair as long a I got the miniaturizing hair back to a healthy stage. Should I take any for of minoxidil, if I just want to thicken up miniaturizing hairs and not regrow all ones??

Thanks for taking he time guys
    'Yes they are both the same thing. I would go with just Propecia to start with to see if that works first.'

'Your GP/Doctor can prescribe you Propecia'

'Propecia alone will not cause you any problems with weight lifting but weight lifting itself has been know to to increase Testosterone by upto 30% which then changes to DHT thus causing more hair loss.' Best form of exercise suggested has been running/jogging.'

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I started taking Fin on halloween. Notice a little shedding but hopefully it helps haven't notice any real side effects. How long does the shedding period usually last. With my pics do you think I should even bother with rogaine, crown is still very think put temples have receded/ hair is growing out in weird angles and just looks unhealthy.

Quote Originally Posted by mack_435 View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to reply. I started taking Fin on halloween. Notice a little shedding but hopefully it helps haven't notice any real side effects. How long does the shedding period usually last. With my pics do you think I should even bother with rogaine, crown is still very think put temples have receded/ hair is growing out in weird angles and just looks unhealthy.
    Most people say to go with a combination of both propecia and rogaine, but I am only taking propecia. At least if in 3 months propecia starts to work for you then you have'nt wasted any money on rogaine. I would stick with propecia to start with. Shedding has been known to last upto 3 months before it starts to subside. Best if luck matey.

Default Nizoral

I have decided to add nizoral to my regime. Just wondering how often to apply it? it says on the bottle once or twice a week but should i do more than that?

Replied in the other thread u asked.

LLLT is a scam, clinical studies proving otherwise are usually sponsored by the LLLT industry in some way and/or the results are deceptive. Finasteride, Minoxidil Nizoral is what u awnt

Thanks for the reply... 7 years later lol... it's all good still use my laser as I bought it.. been on rogaine for at least 5 years and use a low dose of fin.. haven't lost that much since I posted