+ Reply to Thread

Default Where are the results

Im still wondering where some photo results are for PRP. I have read about people getting this done, but I'm not convinced. There are no picture results that I have seen, If anyone has some I would love to see them

It does work. But rarely I think. Some people are luckier than others.

Though I am curious about it as well. I'd get it done if it had a decent chance of working, which I don't currently believe it does.

May work for some but didnt work for me

Yeah... if it had a higher success rate then the price and traveling might be worth it, right now it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by Thebaldone1 View Post
    Im still wondering where some photo results are for PRP. I have read about people getting this done, but I'm not convinced. There are no picture results that I have seen, If anyone has some I would love to see them
    I'm with jthomas. I had it done as well and nothing. I thought it would, at the very least, help stop my hair loss (which it hasn't). It's true-Where are the before and after pics, with obvious improvements? I can't find any, other than the one youtube video. Why? I'm starting to think it's a sham. Maybe it's something that can be worked on. In my opinion, the treatment was released too soon. I say this because certain doctors have switched to different growth factors, in hopes of better results. Maybe in the future, when it's perfected, it will help us hair loss sufferers. it's too expensive, considering the lack of good results!

I would like to see someone come forward too with good results...where are they??

I don't think it's a sham. I have heard someone on the radio show call in and say he talked to someone who had PRP and it worked wonders for them, got it himself and it worked amazing for him as well.

The results are there but I just think it's very rare.

I was thinking of getting it done myself a while back but then I read of the poor success rate.

You guys just didn't educate yourself well enough. Looks to me like you just quickly jumped into it expecting results. Thats not how things work in the hair loss world.

A lot of doctors are unwilling to use PRP because results are so inconsistent. It's also not as tried and tested as other treatments. It's not something I will be trying; Histogen will be here by 2013 (just you wait and see!)

Quote Originally Posted by KeepTheHair View Post
    I don't think it's a sham. I have heard someone on the radio show call in and say he talked to someone who had PRP and it worked wonders for them, got it himself and it worked amazing for him as well.

The results are there but I just think it's very rare.

I was thinking of getting it done myself a while back but then I read of the poor success rate.

You guys just didn't educate yourself well enough. Looks to me like you just quickly jumped into it expecting results. Thats not how things work in the hair loss world.
    I guess you are right-to call it a sham is a little harsh. But I still think it does no where near what it claims to do. All the stories are like you described;someone saw someone that it worked wonders for;someone heard someone else say it worked miracles for them; it worked for [me]. But where is the proof? There's way more visible and testimonial results with propecia-something that has proven to work in over 85% of users. I, too, heard the guy on the radio. He's going in to do another procedure, even though it had only been 4 months since his last. To me it sounds like he's experiencing a placebo effect, more than anything else. The mind is a power thing! In order to consider something effective, there has to be overwhelming results-more than 50%, which there's not!

And no, I didn't just jump into it. I did plenty of research and decided to do it because it's not invasive in that it doesn't cause side effects or leave scars on my head. If something claims to produce results, i expect it too. hairspray claims to hold your hair in place and it does just that-so I use hair spray and it works. Now if I did the procedure because of a television ad, I would understand what you are saying. But I decided to do PRP because it's recommended by some IAHRS docs and Spencer seems to vouch for it. I went in knowing that it might not work. In fact, the Dr. asked what my expectations were and i said "I don't expect to regrow hair, I just hope it helps me hold on to my existing hair." Of course I hoped it would help regrow some hair, but it didn't even do the ladder.

I'm just trying to let people know what my experience was like, with pics and all. Unlike other people who claim it works but can't produce a picture of their results.