+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default No Results and Shedding after 5.5 months

Hello,*I had a FUE 5.5 months ago implanted*4750 graftes with a very well known doctor in Turkey after research for 1 year, However, till today I’m not seeing any results or anything he promised and notice those points:

1) my old hair is thinning and not growing in same implanted areas
    2) many hairs are still falling and shedding after almost 6 months now*
    3) I keep getting big pimples and bumps on the back area of my crown*

He asked me to take minoxidil rogaine 5% foam twice a day 3 bottles for 3 months starting from 2nd month of my surgery & Avodart .05 mg Daily for 6 months (i'm almost 3 month on it) and to massage my hair daily with the palm of my hand which i do.

I did contact the doctor several times and keep saying it’s normal every time and to wait months after months, I just don’t know what to do. I just want to see a small positive result and my hair stops shedding.**

Click image for larger version

Name:	Before.jpg

Size:	9.2 KB
ID:	68179Click image for larger version

Name:	After Surgery.jpg

Size:	10.7 KB
ID:	68180Click image for larger version

Name:	1 month.jpg

Size:	11.5 KB
ID:	68181Click image for larger version

Name:	2.5 months.jpg

Size:	9.7 KB
ID:	68182Click image for larger version

Name:	pIMPLES.jpg

Size:	12.4 KB
ID:	68183Click image for larger version

Name:	3 Months.jpg

Size:	11.2 KB
ID:	68184Click image for larger version

Name:	4 Months.jpg

Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	68185Click image for larger version

Name:	5 Months.jpg

Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	68186

Any advise what to do, I'm very frustrated. I need an advise from somone expeicnece the same thing or anyone can help me

Any advice please

Please someone advise me

hello Khaled,
    Sorry to hear about your case.
    Normally shedding continues 4-5 month and new, strong hair starts regrowing. But, this is very individual. Wait for 5 more month to make a conclusion. I realize how frustrating it may be, but there is nothing to do... only wait.
    good luck.

From the images(5th month vs before) it looks like the growth has just started to kick in. Give it some more time. This is the chart thats commonly used to track growth timeline.

Can you tell me who was the surgeon?

Hello All,

Thank you all for your messages, it's now almost 6 month science my surgery but i'm very disappiointed with the result till now, most of people they al least have a good growth within 6 month an mine is not even 5%

Regarding the shedding, as the doctor told me i have to massage my head daily i do see ton of hairs comming in my hand and other fallen which make me feel much worst.

I didn't cheap out on my surgery i had it with Dr. Yetkin BAYER in Turkey, he supposely won a award for best hair transplant doctor in Turkey in 2019

did it eventually grow?

Doctor Representative

I see this was posted back in 2020 but since someone just bumped the thread asking how everything went, I too am curious. The truth is, some individuals are slow growers and it's my hope that this was simple true in your case. So I'm hoping the fact that you didn't come back to update the thread was because your concerns were addressed and your results simply grew in late rather than not at all. If you are still a member of this forum, perhaps you can update us and let us know?

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant

Doctor Representative

I realize that this was posted back in 2020 but since it’s been bumped a few times, I thought I would offer my opinion. As a few others have said, some individuals are slow growers and some people only start seeing signs of growth five months after surgery. That’s why I often tell people who just underwent hair transplant surgery that they will start seeing signs of growth between 3 to 5 months after surgery and it will take approximately one year to 18 months to fully grow and mature. That said, there’s always a possibility that the results won’t turn out the way the patient expects but 5.5 months is far too early to evaluate.

It’s a shame when patients don’t stay the course and post a concern without coming back to share the outcome. I think it’s safe to say that we all hope that this patient got the results they wanted but unless the patient comes back to verify, there’s no way to know. What I do know is, it’s possible this patient was a slow grower and the results did finally come in. The hair shedding could be for a number of reasons but without more information is difficult to say.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant