+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Am I Balding?

Default Am I Balding?

Hey guys,

Like many of you, I have a severe paranoia of going bald. I hope you guys can help me because i'm in serious doubt about my own case.

Let me start with my family history. My father's side has a history of balding. My grandpa is bald and my father is also balding (although he's almost 60 and he still has some hair so his case isn't that bad). My mother's side is fine, my maternal grandpa always had a decent amount of hair. So I guess there's a 50/50 change that I got the right or wrong genes.

Now my case. I'm currently 21. I always had a widow's peak since I was a kid. I have pictures from when I was 10 and you can clearly see the M shape there. It's a thing that runs in my family (the mother's side). It hasn't really progressed into something that can be considered as receding and my crown also lookes fine.

My main worry though is the fact that I can lose a lot of hair strands (mostly long hairs and always with a white bulb). It happens mostly in the shower and when I run my fingers through my hair. I know It's normal to lose some hair when manipulating it, but the amount can seem frightening. I never brush my hair though and I don't wash my hair everyday (sometimes I go 2 or even 3 days without washing with shampoo because I'm afraid washing every other day will damage my hair). I also use hair spray almost everyday.

My main hope here is that all the hair I see is just hair that hadn't fallen out yet. So just accumulation.

Do I shed or am I balding? What are your thoughts?