+ Reply to Thread

Default Which treatment do you think?

Hi everyone! Just joined and really appreciate this forum of help and support. I am brand new to the whole hair loss thing and have been doing a lot of reading. I am just getting so confused on what to do and wanted everyone's opinion.

I am 24 years old and have been thinning for a few years. It hasn't bothered me much because my hair was always too thick anyway. However, recently, I have noticed my hairline start to recede. Again, not terribly but - based on my limited understanding - I am probably at a Norwood 2 headed for 3. I am still very thick in the back but thinning and now receding in the front. Wanting to get ahead of it now while I am still not too upset and the damage is not too far done.

I have been getting ads for Keeps on Facebook and was thinking about doing it - at least for Finasteride. What is everyone's thoughts? And not sure what combination of things I should do? Should I do both Finasteride and Minoxidil? Do I need a special shampoo also? LLLT cap? So confused what combination of things. Also nervous about the shedding at the beginning and if it doesn't even work. Would really appreciate everyone's thoughts on what to do to get things under control as cheaply but also as effectively as possible!

Just talked to a doctor on Keeps. He said he doesn't think I am receding but it is just hairline maturation. Honestly, I don't necessarily agree. But I do know that I am in early stages. He said that he wouldn't recommend minoxidil because it could accelerate things.

And that it was up to me about weighing the risks of Finasteride. Are there really any huge risks with Finasteride? Are there any benefits to minoxidil and Finasteride together? Or, if I get it early enough, minoxidil might do more harm than good?

He also said I could use Ketoconazole 2-3 times per week, which I already have some of. A friend also told me to order Nioxin, which will help with the volume and condition of the hair. What are everyone's thoughts? Does that sounds like a good plan to basically not use the minoxidil for early but receding hairline?