+ Reply to Thread

Default New Outlook & Propecia Results

Hello everyone,

4 months ago I started this thread about my hair loss. Please feel free to understand how I felt about the way I looked at the time and to see what my hair looked like.

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthr...ighlight=Locke

Propecia Results
    Since that time I have been taking Propecia every day, using Rogaine foam every so off once a day before I go to sleep and I use Nizoral shampoo 2-3 times per week.

Here are the results...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Front.jpg

Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	6714

Name:	Top.jpg

Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	6715

Name:	Left Side.jpg

Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	6716

Name:	Right Side.jpg

Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	6717

4 months ago the hair on the front of my head was miniaturized and stopped growing at a very short length. Now they continue to grow. It seems to me that my hair is much, much thicker. Every time I go to get a haircut they comment on the thickness of my hair...if only I had more of it!

The first month of taking Propecia I didn't feel like myself. I felt I had decreased libido, reduced ejaculate volume and an abnormal consistency (we're all adults here so I'm just going to tell you the truth). I shaved my head at this time to see what it would look like so I may have experienced the initial shedding during this time but I didn't notice it on the top of my head.

Oddly, a small patch on my side-burn went bald for the first month to month and half which grew back later on. I guess this was an indicator of the initial shedding phase. PRETTY COOL STUFF!!

My Story and New Outlook
    So this past summer I travelled throughout Southeast Asia and to New Zealand with 3 other friends. I thought that since I would be in a different part of the world, I would shave my head just to see what it looked like.

I always had fears about shaving my head during my university days because then I'd have to explain to everyone why I did it, that I was losing my hair, and everyone would think differently of me. But since I was going to a different part of the world, I though "Who cares what I look like, I'll never meet most of the people ever again".

So, I shaved my head and I didn't like how it looked at all. My hairloss is not symmetrical so I have a hairline that is receded more on one side than the other. Trust me, it looks really bad.

But off I went.

How my Outlook Changed
    A few events happened over the course of my trip that changed my outlook on hair loss. Besides my hair growing back a little bit.

Initially my friend as a joke (because he's an asshole) made cool nicknames for all of us. While each name was vulgar, I was given the nickname "Penis Head" b/c of the way my head was shaped when it was shaved. I was already feeling self-conscious about my head and this didn't help. I told him it bugged me when he called me that so he said he'd stop.

Another time in Kyoto we wanted to go in a temple after hours to take a picture of the sunset but no one wanted to ask the security guard. While I normally would have done it, I could only think that he would say no to me because of the way I looked. It took me a while but I eventually went up and asked him...and he said no.

Then one night my friend and I randomly met a man on the streets of Osaka who was a local celebrity in the area and he took us clubbing. He got us into clubs for free and introduced us to girls. He would go up to every girl in the club and ask them how they were doing, as if they were good friends. And he showed me what it means to be truly confident. He was a good looking guy and that surely helped him but w/e, that's the lesson I took from it. My friend and I ended up talking to 2 girls and bought them drinks but later on they left us and I could only think that it was due to my hair and how I looked.

So, at this point I felt pretty terrible about myself. That night I sat down with 2 of my friends (while one slept) and I just let everything out. How for months all I could think about was my hair, how I didn't go out b/c I hated the way I looked, how my hair was the only thing I thought about when I met people, and that overall I was paranoid about it. I ended up crying in front of them while explaining all of this but they listened. They didn't judge me or think worse of me. They sympathized with me and then let me know that my thoughts about how other people would say no to me b/c of my hair was absolutely ludicrous (which I already knew). They told me that if anyone judged me or thought differently me because of how my hair looked then screw them, they're not worth associating with. There are many more features about a person that are more important than their looks. (this is a hard lesson to learn but it's true and people will realize it more and more as their looks fade with age).

At this point I had everything off my chest and I really, really felt good about myself again. I think just having everything pent up and not being able to tell anyone about it was the worst part. So to everyone else who is feeling like I was, I really recommend telling someone who you trust about how you're feeling.

When I returned home from my trip I started going to the gym and running again. I have found new confidence and I'm okay with the way I look. I'm still considering a hair transplant and will continue to use Propecia but I can live with a little bit of hairloss, it's not the end of the world. I will never be as good looking as David Beckham, but you know what, David Beckham will never be as smart as me.

Life is too short to be worrying about how you look. There are so many things to do done every day, so many new things to be explored that it's really a shame if you chose to stay inside all day and feel bad about yourself, as I used to and I know many posters on this forum do.

As I stated already, if people judge you b/c of the way they look then don't associate with them. They're obviously immature and have their own issues. You're real friends and loved ones will appreciate you no matter how you look. If you're balding, grow old, lose a finger or arm, they will always be by your side. Many posters have stated this but I didn't realize it until now.

Some things in life we cannot change, we just have to accept them and move on.

To quote the Beatles, "Life is too short for fighting and fussing (over lost hair) my friends."

Well said...I've been there myself where I avoid social situations because of my hair or I should say lack of hair. I'm working on just being my genuine self and focusing on the good person I am with or without hair...

Hey man,

I'm in a similar situation in that I am losing hair at 23 (began at 22). Your story was really inspiring. My hair loss isnt as bad as yours yet, but its getting there. I have the same type of recession as you where, because my hair is thick and i haev a lot of it, i can hide it pretty well but I know that my hair doesnt look like it used to..and i've gotten brief looks from my grilfriend looking at my hair and i can tell in her head shes thinking like "hmm...is there something different?" lol I'm trying to get recommendation of doctors to see now about goin on Fin.

Its funny that you mention shaving your head because you were going out of the country. I was just thinking today like..man..i wish i was going on some like 5 months long trip where no one would know me and i could just shave my head and see how it looked and if i didnt like it it would grow back by the time I came back haha.

Just wondering, how is your libido now? Any problems as far as getting erections/keeping them/ejaculating etc? Any other side effects?

Thanks

-chris

Quote Originally Posted by chrisf View Post
    Hey man,

I'm in a similar situation in that I am losing hair at 23 (began at 22). Your story was really inspiring. My hair loss isnt as bad as yours yet, but its getting there. I have the same type of recession as you where, because my hair is thick and i haev a lot of it, i can hide it pretty well but I know that my hair doesnt look like it used to..and i've gotten brief looks from my grilfriend looking at my hair and i can tell in her head shes thinking like "hmm...is there something different?" lol I'm trying to get recommendation of doctors to see now about goin on Fin.

Its funny that you mention shaving your head because you were going out of the country. I was just thinking today like..man..i wish i was going on some like 5 months long trip where no one would know me and i could just shave my head and see how it looked and if i didnt like it it would grow back by the time I came back haha.

Just wondering, how is your libido now? Any problems as far as getting erections/keeping them/ejaculating etc? Any other side effects?

Thanks

-chris
    All is well now. I feel back to normal.

I don't have sexual dreams as often as I used to or morning wood. I'm not sure if that can be attributed to the drug or not but it's a side effect that I just have to put up with to keep my hair.