IAHRS doctor in Washington, DC? - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread

Default IAHRS doctor in Washington, DC?

Hi all,
    I was looking through the listing of IAHRS doctors for one in the metro DC area and it doesn't appear to exist. The closest seems to be in Philly.
    I find it hard to believe that with all the $$$ floating around DC and all the bald(ing) guys walking around downtown that there is not a reputable doctor in the area.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

John

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by john76 View Post
    Hi all,
    I was looking through the listing of IAHRS doctors for one in the metro DC area and it doesn't appear to exist. The closest seems to be in Philly.
    I find it hard to believe that with all the $$$ floating around DC and all the bald(ing) guys walking around downtown that there is not a reputable doctor in the area.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

John
    Hey John76,

The truth is the DC area doesn’t seem to have great hair transplant surgeons. Now it is possible that there might be a good doctor in your area who chose not to apply to the IAHRS, but I do know the area pretty well and I just can’t think of one. My radio show was syndicated in your market for more than 7 years on WJFK 106.7 FM and we received our share of horror stories from patients of your local docs and chain clinics. It’s very possible that things have changed and I’m a huge proponent of staying as local as possible when having cosmetic surgery, however, if I were you I would consider taking a drive north.
    Spencer Kobren
    Founder, American Hair Loss Association
    Host, The Bald Truth Radio Show

I am not a physician. My opinions and knowledge concerning hair loss and its treatment are based on extensive research and reporting on the subject as a consumer advocate and hair loss educator. My views and comments on the subject should not be taken as medical advice. Always seek the advice of a medical professional when considering medical and surgical treatment.

Spencer,

I remember you on WJFK. I actually worked for them at one point, but not during your shows run on the station. That is actually how I found this site, I remembered the show and googled it.

How about Philly, or, if it were you, would you go all the way to NYC?

thanks

john76,

I concur with Spencer on his opinion with little exception. You would think an area that possesses some of the best demographics in the nation would have multiple talented ethical HT surgeons. Not so and I also live in this area. Dr. Bob True used to be the ONLY talented ethical surgeon in this area IMHO. That's when he had a clinic in Bethesda, Maryland when the practice was known as Elliot & True. But his primary practice has always been in Manhattan in the big apple where he still is today practicing both strip and FUE. He has been practicing there with Dr. Bob Dorin for some time now. They are also in Jersey. Both are long term respected IAHRS members.

There is also a new up and coming talented HT surgeon in Reston, VA, also a member in good standing with the ISHRS. His name is Dr. William Lindsey. I have seen some of his patients because again I live in the area, Northern Virginia.

Best wishes to you in your pursuit john76!
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Gill -
    Thank you for the info. on Dr. Lindsey. I will contact him when the time comes. First course of action is to get on Propecia and wait abot 9-12 months and see what results i get from that, but thanks for the well wishes.

John

Wink

You're welcome John and best wishes to you.
    "Gillenator"
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

John76,
    I'm in New York so I have a lot of choices, but DC is not too far of a drive. I personally wouldn't go to a doctor who is not in the IAHRS. No disrespect to gillenator he seem like a very knowledgeable person.

unfortunately (or fortunately - depending on how you look at it), I will not be in a position financially for HT surgery any time soon. Perhaps the DC area will have "caught up" with the rest of the country by then.

Quote Originally Posted by john76 View Post
    unfortunately (or fortunately - depending on how you look at it), I will not be in a position financially for HT surgery any time soon. Perhaps the DC area will have "caught up" with the rest of the country by then.
    What I am learning is that there is nothing wrong with waiting or traveling when the time is right for you.

Quote Originally Posted by PayDay View Post
    John76,
    I'm in New York so I have a lot of choices, but DC is not too far of a drive. I personally wouldn't go to a doctor who is not in the IAHRS. No disrespect to gillenator he seem like a very knowledgeable person.

No problem at all and the respect of opinion is mutual. In fact, it really comes down to each individual's own special needs and then the research to support their decision. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and ideally it helps keep the doctors on their best performance.
    "Gillenator"
    more.hair@verizon.net