+ Reply to Thread

Question Best FUE Surgeons in Europe in 2020?

Hello!

Looking for some community sourced wisdom as I cannot afford any mistakes with my current situation …

I am looking for recommendations on the absolute best surgeon according to the following criteria:
    • 1,000-1,500 FUE (scalp, not beard or body hair)
    • Based in Western Europe
    • Maximum reliability on graft success/survival
    • Aesthetic instinct to place grafts for the best outcome (see goals below)
    • A doctor who conducts the entire procedure themselves, both the extraction and placing (or a good explanation for why this may not matter …?)
    There are other factors one may consider such as location, bedside manner, cost, etc. but the criteria above are what really matter to me.

Background:
    After 14 years of hair loss and no finasteride, the battle is pretty much lost. I tried finasteride for about a month at the beginning and continuing it given the observed side effects was a hard no. Nature has run its course but thanks to 2 procedures (see below) I have some semi-decent coverage across the frontal area still which frames my face properly and looks reasonable, albeit quite thin.

I had two FUE procedures with average and poor results 5 and 7 years ago. Those procedures involved a total of around 4,000 grafts, and due to poor execution only a fraction of those survived. With the benefit of hindsight, I think both myself and the doctor who performed those procedures are aware of why the graft survival was low. There were avoidable mistakes by the doctor. The result is I am now down 4,000 FU’s and not very much better off. I do not wish to dwell on this but to look at solutions.

As my original doctor did not go all the way to the top of my donor area, I now have a relatively narrow band of thick, untouched scalp thick with original hair between the used donor area and the thinning areas.

I have been advised by a handful of top tier European doctors after in person consultations that I safely have around 1,000 to 1,500 FU’s available. There is one outlier estimate of “up to 3,000” FU’s from a serious doctor which I find very curious. In any event, I would only target 1,000-1,500 in the next procedure and if there is yet still scope down the road for another procedure, I will cross that bridge when I get to it.

Goals:
    I wish to get the following out of this next procedure:
    • Improve density in frontal area and reinforce hairline. Simply not enough stock left to do anything to the crown.
    • Homogenize the hair density across the areas of the scalp with hair by reducing the density of hair in the untouched donor area and increasing it elsewhere, including placing the occasional graft in the original donor area at the doctor’s discretion for maximum consistency across all areas.
    Summary:
    I am running out of ammo and need to make this one count. Looking for nothing but the absolute best result from a Doctor who will give full attention to every single graft. Bisanga, Feriduni and Lorenzo all under consideration. Open to suggestions of others. Have heard that Feriduni doesn’t do the extraction himself. Does this matter?

Your thoughts greatly appreciated -

I don't know who would rank as best but from the small selection of patients I've seen on youtube If I was to get an FUE it would be with Dr. Juan Couto

https://youtu.be/6T_gmfHSb2M