+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Doctor Representative

Default The truth behind hair systems

I feel it necessary to clarify the rules about hair pieces/systems/etc.
    Hair pieces have come a long way, basically they can now look really natural as long as you follow the basic principles.I run a company in Canada and have manufactured and installed over 20,000 units in my 20+ year experiance.
    Hair pieces are a good option for yoiung guys under 25 as you should never do a transplant unless you are a little older. If a hairpiece is not for yoiu, then use some Surethik hair fibers or some kind of coverup product like it. If you are not sure, use the surethik fibers first and then graduate into a hair piece when your ready.

1. Density; If you are a male and wer r it thicker than a medium light, it will probably not blend with your own hair very well. Have your hair replacement company order light to medium light, and maybe medium light only in the front to make it last a little longer.

2. Style; for god's sake, please do not wear it too low and allow for some natural recession.

3. have the place that makes it for you add some natural highlights, maybe 20% of hair lighter by 2 color shades spread thoughout the entire hair system. It makes it look better than uni-tone hair. It will also allow your hair to blend with your own and absorb the light better.

4. Get serviced every 2-3 weeks maximum if you are permanent attachment and monthly otherwise. Do not leave these glued on hair pieces longer than a few weeks. It will cause all kinds of problems as well as probably smell.

5. Change to a new head of hair or system 3-5 times per year if possible, it will look more natural and you can avoid embarasement.

6. Find a good company to work with, there are some good ones out there.

7. Programs are ok as long as they are flexible, and never prepay up front.

8. ask any questions about design and I would be glad to help as i do check this forum once and a while.

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar

One more piece of advice. if you choose to use clips to attach your hair system you must rotate the clips each time you go in for service. If the clips stay in the same place for to long they will destroy the hairs in that area. I have many hair system users come in for consultation and have 3-4 permanant bald spots where the clips attached the hair system to the scalp.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

Doctor Representative

Default Excellent suggestion to move clips

Excellent suggestion Dr. Charles.

We often advise if clients are on clips that they should move the clips as often as every 4 weeks. UNlike bonded clients, many clip wearers do not come in for regular service( often 3-5 months) and they should even consider changing the clips themselves with a needle and thread and stitch it themselves.
    There is even a new product from a few on line suppliers that can tape the clip on and not even have to sew any more that makes it more convienant.
    Many hair replacement companies, do not even bother to do so during your visit, so make sure you insist, or do it yourself. I would suggest every month at a minimum to ensure damaging you healthy hair, or at least have an extra hair piece with clips in different locations on the base so you give you head a rest.
    Even for tape on customers, you dont have to tape the entire hair piece all around as many companies have strong tapes that are good enough. Equally important, use good quality and approved tapes and solvents, or just soap and water if you can to clean your scalp. Changing tape more often or more frequent full serivice visits are suggested to keep you scalp clean and free of bacteria build up.

I can't understand how do you feel more confortable wearing that thing that simple shave it . It should cause paranoia and a lot of stress .

Default ★ Hair replacement cut-in video? ★

Quote Originally Posted by sure hair international View Post
    I feel it necessary to clarify the rules about hair pieces/systems/etc.
    Hair pieces have come a long way, basically they can now look really natural as long as you follow the basic principles.I run a company in Canada and have manufactured and installed over 20,000 units in my 20+ year experiance.
    Hair pieces are a good option for yoiung guys under 25 as you should never do a transplant unless you are a little older. If a hairpiece is not for yoiu, then use some Surethik hair fibers or some kind of coverup product like it. If you are not sure, use the surethik fibers first and then graduate into a hair piece when your ready.

1. Density; If you are a male and wer r it thicker than a medium light, it will probably not blend with your own hair very well. Have your hair replacement company order light to medium light, and maybe medium light only in the front to make it last a little longer.

2. Style; for god's sake, please do not wear it too low and allow for some natural recession.

3. have the place that makes it for you add some natural highlights, maybe 20% of hair lighter by 2 color shades spread thoughout the entire hair system. It makes it look better than uni-tone hair. It will also allow your hair to blend with your own and absorb the light better.

4. Get serviced every 2-3 weeks maximum if you are permanent attachment and monthly otherwise. Do not leave these glued on hair pieces longer than a few weeks. It will cause all kinds of problems as well as probably smell.

5. Change to a new head of hair or system 3-5 times per year if possible, it will look more natural and you can avoid embarasement.

6. Find a good company to work with, there are some good ones out there.

7. Programs are ok as long as they are flexible, and never prepay up front.

8. ask any questions about design and I would be glad to help as i do check this forum once and a while.
    ★ Do you or anyone else know of a good hair replacement cut in videos for sale? ★

Does anyone know about how much on average it "cost" to have your real hair cut and hair replacement serviced if you use comb-clip and man-made hair fiber. Haircut, wash and touch up the hair system with curling iron a little. Anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by sure hair international View Post
    WOW - a new piece 3-5 times a year??!! That would cost a FORTUNE! Is that what you mean? A new system 3-5 times a year?

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar

Hair systems are not nearly as expensive as a hair transplant, but if you add up 3-5 per year with all the service fees you would be suprised. It is like renting versus buying. In the end after you spend all the money what do you have to show for it.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Glenn Charles View Post
    Hair systems are not nearly as expensive as a hair transplant, but if you add up 3-5 per year with all the service fees you would be suprised. It is like renting versus buying. In the end after you spend all the money what do you have to show for it.

Hmmm, i take your point Dr Charles but im only 28, and everyone says not to do transplants young. Plus the scaring. Its a hard choice, thanks for getting back to me.

Can somebody with beginning stages of MPB get a good hair piece? Would I be able to get one with the same style of my hair? I like it spiked and kept at 1 inch lenght.. would it blend perfectly along the sides and back? Will it look natural on my temples?