+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default new guy feel so unhappy

Been receding since i was 18 iam now 38, my hair loss has been at a very slow pace, for the past 2 years now it more noticable. There are days that i can't stop crying i just want to die today is one of them, i have watery eyes as i type this, i can't work because i dont want to stress my hair any longer i want to work but iam scared thet it will get faster. Every night i dream and hope that the cure will be around the corner dreaming that histogen and folica will release their product in the UK soon, i try and aviod the sun, i just hate my life really, sometimes i wonder why was i bless with such bad luck all i want is to have hair like beckham or brad pitt.

Default Please relax

Brother,

First of all just about every guy in this place know what you are going through. I myself am 23 and have been lossing hair since the age of 20. I admit I did have a sick feeling in my stomach for a few weeks and the first thing I noticed about every person was their hariline and thickness. It was then I realized I had two options. I could either go on feeling like that, or I could worry about what I could control in life. Please man really calm down about this. Get on some propecia and maybe some rogaine if you are comfortable with it. If you are not satisfied with the way your hair is now, I advise try getting it clipped to maybe a 2 or 1 guard and see if you like it. I did and now I get my head shaved every other day with a 0. And dude, all kidding aside. Baldness sucks. There is no doubt about that. But would you like to have a full head of hair and be cripple? Or how about a hair like beckam and be Mentally challanged? You really need to be happy with your body that you have been blessed with and realize that some things are just out of our control. Well I hope this helps man.

Nassau

Considering he's been balding for six times as long as you, Nassau, I somewhat doubt your recommendations will be of much use! We all know shaving head = crap look. Also, the pop psychology about being glad we're not cripples or retards doesn't work. We're still unlucky, because most people are not crippled, retarded, scarred or bald before the age of 50. So what exactly do we have to be grateful for, that we fell from the ugly tree, fell in the ugly pond but didn't hit our head in the process?

I think if you've been unhappy for as long as you have, you should either get that hair transplant or, if that is not an option, the best wig or toupee that you can. It's quite obvious that, like me, after twenty years you will never accept hair loss.

If I can say anything encouraging, it is that Histogen seems to have the product we've been waiting for.

Quote Originally Posted by Fixed by 35 View Post
    Considering he's been balding for six times as long as you, Nassau, I somewhat doubt your recommendations will be of much use! We all know shaving head = crap look. Also, the pop psychology about being glad we're not cripples or retards doesn't work. We're still unlucky, because most people are not crippled, retarded, scarred or bald before the age of 50. So what exactly do we have to be grateful for, that we fell from the ugly tree, fell in the ugly pond but didn't hit our head in the process?

I think if you've been unhappy for as long as you have, you should either get that hair transplant or, if that is not an option, the best wig or toupee that you can. It's quite obvious that, like me, after twenty years you will never accept hair loss.

If I can say anything encouraging, it is that Histogen seems to have the product we've been waiting for.
    yes, i have a receeding hair line and it doesnt suitme i have tons of hair eveywhere else on my head and lucky that i can hide it. I was thinking of hair transplant but not too sure about the results.
    i've been saving my money for histogen or other product to get what i lost.
    when i was younger when i had a full head of hair ie 16- 18 no receeding i had the confidence of a brad pitt, i would get a girl every week, then it started to recceed causing a slight spam head as some people said and thats were it all went down hill with the female bunch.

Hair makes looks, hair builds confidence, i dont really care want they say but i know i want to have it back at anycost.

Yes, the best thing to do is to save up. I'm not sure how effective Histogen will be where there are transplant scars, so I'd get advice before pursuing this option.

The baldness solution seems to now simply be a matter of time. Effective treatments are known, though they lack finesse and concerns about safety need to be investigated and eliminated. For example, Histogen has two tasks to complete; to get the dosage right and to ensure their product is safe.

I certainly expect to be 'Fixed by 35' but sadly a lot of men won't. Some won't want treatment; some won't be able to afford it and some, the most unlucky, might find it ineffective in transplant areas.

Certainly, there are some bald men who hope and pray a baldness cure is never found, because of these reasons. There are the selfish ones, who don't want to become a smaller minority and so don't want others to have a means to do anything about it (the bald and proud lot); there are the ones whose heads have been so butchered by hair transplants that the product is less effective and there are those who won't be able to afford it and will have a hairline that makes them look poor. Indeed, it's normally this lot who try to convince us that caring about balding is shallow.

are you based in London?

Best advice I can give anyone from the UK is to get in touch with Spex and have a chat with him. The guy is a beacon of great advice for hairloss issues. He helped me (and many, many others) a lot.

I'm 32, and have just returned from a second 'small' bulk up HT with Dr Feller, which I'm hoping should sort me out for a long, long time. I started receding when I was 18 as well. I've now - all being well - got a lovely thick new hairline to look forward to!

hope it goes well for you mate!

S

I really feel for you. I have allowed balding and various "solutions" to control and eventually ruin my life. I would say we just have to accept those things that we cannot change, but I would be a hypocrite.

Quote Originally Posted by matlondon View Post
    Been receding since i was 18 iam now 38, my hair loss has been at a very slow pace, for the past 2 years now it more noticable. There are days that i can't stop crying i just want to die today is one of them, i have watery eyes as i type this, i can't work because i dont want to stress my hair any longer i want to work but iam scared thet it will get faster. Every night i dream and hope that the cure will be around the corner dreaming that histogen and folica will release their product in the UK soon, i try and aviod the sun, i just hate my life really, sometimes i wonder why was i bless with such bad luck all i want is to have hair like beckham or brad pitt.

Your not a hypocrite,,unfortunately this is all we can do until cloning

Accept the things we cannot change and learn how to live with the things that we can!

I always say that I wish that I had never discovered toppik, that I had never heard a commercial for HT. If it were something that I could do absolutely nothing about it would be easier to accept. I mean I cannot change what color my eyes are or how tall I am. I just accept these things. Maybe I would like to be 6'5 but I'm not and never will be so I accept my height.

Quote Originally Posted by dgman21 View Post
    Your not a hypocrite,,unfortunately this is all we can do until cloning

Accept the things we cannot change and learn how to live with the things that we can!

I disagree. If there was no hope or prospect of an effective treatment, I wouldn't be here by now. I'd have given up on life long ago and either be dead or living rough.