+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Have you continued to improve? And can you keep us updated if you start experiencing any sides, i.e. ED, gyno, etc.?

There's at least one study showing that theres 30 percent of ppl who took 10 mg of *oral* bicalutamide got gyno within a 6-9 month period, but it sounds as if the topical formulation might be one way to avoid sides.

I have decreased the intake to let my system un saturate cause I noticed starting to have problems with erections. But no Gyno, nor other sides. After decreasing the dosage I stopped with erectile function but I also noticed shedding increased a bit.

That’s good to hear. Have your hairs thickened or regrown since starting treatment? Are you still above baseline, even with the increased shedding?

Also, are you using any treatments (fin, dut) in addition to topical bica?

Hairs have thicken and got a few new hairs. Sheding is minor than baseline. I am currently taking 1.25 mg of fin everyday + 2 ml of minox + 3 mg of Bica to unsaturate

Hi way back in the late 90s to 2000 you could buy topical Flutamide gel a guy i think in germany got it made and i tried it i did not get any side affects but the company went out of business as you could look up the sintov file on topical flutamide which is the mother of all anti androgen's but there can be side affects that's why sintov made a gel that was safer to use topically.
    As to mixing in minoxidil you really need a pure powder that like ru you can mix in pure alcohol as ru i tried mixing in minox and it did not work so i returned to the latter.
    I also tried crushing up flutamide and finasteride but even with straining through a funnel with filter there was a gritty minox mess.
    Thats why i am buying topical 5% minox with finasteride in it and going back to the topical flutamide gel everyone at that time wanted to get there hands on it or the gel needed to make but could not but one things for sure the sinov trial did regrow male hair.

How might flutamide treat androgenetic alopecia

Flutamide is the generic name for the commercial brand name drugs Euflex and Eulexin by Schering. Flutamide comes as 250mg oral tablets.

Flutamide is a non-steroidal antiandrogen which inhibits androgen uptake. Flutamide also stops androgens from binding to receptors in the nuclei of cells. Flutamide is used to treat a variety of androgen influenced diseases such as prostate carcinomas, hirsutism, acne, and alopecia. As an antiandrogen oral flutamide has been used to treat female androgenetic alopecia, but only one or two published studies on its effectiveness are available. One study involved treating women with hirsutism, acne, or alopecia. The investigators reported an 80% success rate for women with acne of alopecia when treated with flutamide. They reported that Flutamide was significantly superior to Spironolactone for treating androgen dependant conditions in women. There are several studies on the use of flutamide to treat androgen dependent hirsutism in women and all suggest moderate to good success rates.

Another study looked at the efficacy of topically applied flutamide versus finasteride in human bladnig sclpa skin grafted onto mice. The researchers observed that flutamide was better than finasteride in terms of promoting hair growth. From this study it may be possible for men to use topical flutamide and avoid the systemic side effects that men develop when taking the drug orally.

How might flutamide treat androgenetic alopecia references

Luthy I, Caron S, Belanger A, Labrie F. Effects of flutamide, a pure antiandrogen, on endocrine parameters, in the adult female rat. Gynecol Endocrinol. 1987 Jun;1(2):151-68.
    Cusan L, Dupont A, Gomez JL, Tremblay RR, Labrie F. Comparison of flutamide and spironolactone in the treatment of hirsutism: a randomized controlled trial. Fertil Steril. 1994 Feb;61(2):281-7.
    Sintov A, Serafimovich S, Gilhar A. New topical antiandrogenic formulations can stimulate hair growth in human bald scalp grafted onto mice. Int J Pharm. 2000 Jan 20;194(1):125-34.
    Singh SM, Gauthier S, Labrie F. Androgen receptor antagonists (antiandrogens): structure-activity relationships. Curr Med Chem. 2000 Feb;7(2):211-47.
    Muderris II, Bayram F, Sahin Y, Kelestimur F, Tutus A, Ayata D. The efficacy of 250 mg/day flutamide in the treatment of patients with hirsutism. Fertil Steril. 1996 Aug;66(2):220-2.
    Marcondes JA, Minnani SL, Luthold WW, Wajchenberg BL, Samojlik E, Kirschner MA. Treatment of hirsutism in women with flutamide. Fertil Steril. 1992 Mar;57(3):543-7.

There is as we know RU58841 but the only problem with that is none of us can tell if what we buy or even when made its stable there ae no guarantee's that's the most frustrating part as until topical cb-03-01 or Breezula come's onto the market we will see i am not sure if that will be as strong as flutamide but it will have to be safer before it is sold.
    There was a guy on the hairloss forums that tried oral flutamide and i think he did grow his hair back but the side affect's were not good he said he felt so weak he had to crawl along to get out of bed as it can damage the liver as well so take that as a warning.

I've started dissolving about 8-10 mg of bica into either stemoxydine or minoxidil every day and applying it to the scalp. It's been about 10 days, but my scalp still itches.

Did you notice a reduction in scalp itch immediately?

Any update? And how long did it take for the scalp itch to disappear? I tried topical bica for a little under 2 weeks but it seemed to increase my itch and even put me slightly below baseline (though that could also have been a coincidental shed from the minox I'm using).

I am posting this as an official end of this trial. Eventhough I have decreased doisis to a point of halting taking it because of ED problems. I have stoped now for 3 weeks and normal erectile function has been restore to normal.

I am happy to answer any questions.