+ Reply to Thread

Default Extremely anxious, am i receding? Please help

im 20 years old. No family history of balding, my dad is 54 with a full head of hair, neither grandpa on each side was bald. my grandfather on my moms side's hwrom photos had a full head of hair basically always. i am an extremely anxious person and the fear that my corners have been receding has been torturing me, i'm not sure if i just have the whole mature hairline thing. the consistency / thickness of my hair has changed lately but im almost certain that it is because i am on the medication accutane (I finish with it in mid june) and that causes your hair to temporarily thin a little. There isnt any thinning at the crown, front middle of my hairline or things like that, im just nervous that my corners go a higher than they should. the photos of me in the striped longsleeve is from now, the striped tee shirt is from one year ago and you can kind of see the corner looks similar there but i am still paranoid. i dont lose an abnormal amount of hair, and my hair grows really fast. im just nervous because i have a lot of baby hairs at the corners of my hairline, but that could also be new growth maybe since i am currently using biotin shampoo / conditioner for the accutane. my little sister is currently on the medication as well and her hair has also suffered temporarily. please help
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3875.jpg

Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	67484   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3877.jpg

Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	67485   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3878.jpg

Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	67486  

Looks fine to me, try and relax, enjoy your life

Quote Originally Posted by tomwilson View Post
    im 20 years old. No family history of balding, my dad is 54 with a full head of hair, neither grandpa on each side was bald. my grandfather on my moms side's hwrom photos had a full head of hair basically always. i am an extremely anxious person and the fear that my corners have been receding has been torturing me, i'm not sure if i just have the whole mature hairline thing. the consistency / thickness of my hair has changed lately but im almost certain that it is because i am on the medication accutane (I finish with it in mid june) and that causes your hair to temporarily thin a little. There isnt any thinning at the crown, front middle of my hairline or things like that, im just nervous that my corners go a higher than they should. the photos of me in the striped longsleeve is from now, the striped tee shirt is from one year ago and you can kind of see the corner looks similar there but i am still paranoid. i dont lose an abnormal amount of hair, and my hair grows really fast. im just nervous because i have a lot of baby hairs at the corners of my hairline, but that could also be new growth maybe since i am currently using biotin shampoo / conditioner for the accutane. my little sister is currently on the medication as well and her hair has also suffered temporarily. please help
    everything is all right with you.