+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default resonse

i never took accutane but i did come close to getting that medication. thats until i learned i had to sign 50 papers and there was a risk of liver damage later in life.

Hey guys, things could be a heck of a lot worse. I mean really a lot lot worse. You could be a woman with hair loss and or balding.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by kathy schinner View Post
    Hey guys, things could be a heck of a lot worse. I mean really a lot lot worse. You could be a woman with hair loss and or balding.
    Kathy,

I feel for you, but why do you think it is worse for a woman? Just because we are accepted by society if we lose our hair does not mean that it makes us feel any better about ourselves. We still feel less attractive and deal with the same depression and feelings of low self-esteem as anyone who is losing their hair, whether you're a man or a woman. Please don't discount how this makes us feel as men.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by PayDay View Post
    Kathy,

I feel for you, but why do you think it is worse for a woman? Just because we are accepted by society if we lose our hair does not mean that it makes us feel any better about ourselves. We still feel less attractive and deal with the same depression and feelings of low self-esteem as anyone who is losing their hair, whether you're a man or a woman. Please don't discount how this makes us feel as men.

Paul
    Good point, Paul.

Another thing - this type of thinking, the idea that there are worse fates, doesn't really help in the long run. To a balding woman, I can make the same argument that things can be worse... she can be dying, or dead. Even a dying person can think of worse scenarios to be in.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckerine11 View Post
    Good point, Paul.

Another thing - this type of thinking, the idea that there are worse fates, doesn't really help in the long run. To a balding woman, I can make the same argument that things can be worse... she can be dying, or dead. Even a dying person can think of worse scenarios to be in.
    She could be a balding woman with one arm. That would be worse.

Quote Originally Posted by HelpROGER View Post
    She could be a balding woman with one arm. That would be worse.
    There is no doubt that it has to be devastating for a woman to lose her hair, but it is just as bad from many men. I does bug me when my friends tell me to shave my head and that it is no big issue to lose your hair when they all have full heads of hair. Women of all people should understand how much looks matter in our society and how we are all judged harshly in the real world. Yes there are worse things but hair loss is bad for anyone it happens to.

It is nice to know that there are other's who feel the way that we do and are wiling to share their feelings about it. I've had thoughts of despair and have been very depressed since my hair began to fall.
    I understand that you are hurting Kathy, but why don't you share your feelings like the rest of us? It does not feel good to see your looks change so drastically no matter if you are a man or a woman. I would be interested in reading about your situation. Are you young? Are you married with children?

Quote Originally Posted by amadeus View Post
    It is nice to know that there are other's who feel the way that we do and are wiling to share their feelings about it. I've had thoughts of despair and have been very depressed since my hair began to fall.
    I understand that you are hurting Kathy, but why don't you share your feelings like the rest of us? It does not feel good to see your looks change so drastically no matter if you are a man or a woman. I would be interested in reading about your situation. Are you young? Are you married with children?
    I think this would be interesting. I'd really like to hear a woman's take on losing their hair.